Our client is an established business who have earned a great reputation in growing and supplying both Retail and Non Retail customers in the UK. They are looking for a experienced Packhouse Manager to join their thriving Fresh Produce business in Somerset.
To continue the drive for efficiencies and the overall growth of the business, the company wishes to appoint an experienced Packhouse Manager that has the capability to manage and lead the packhouse team to achieve additional efficiencies.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the packhouse, this will include staffing, planning, machine use and order fulfilment. You will work closely with Technical, Warehouse and order planning departments in order to achieve the company business objectives and goals.
The Packhouse Manager will oversee the workings of the Packhouse, including the Technical Staff.
The successful candidate will have the correct hard and soft skills that have been gained from experience within a production facility in recent years. You will be able to prove delivery of production line efficiencies, management of teams and how you have motivated your team to the highest levels.
Communication with your team and our customers is key, you will be able to demonstrate these skills whether working with your line team or senior management.
Key Performance Areas:
Form part of strategic management in planning of production, picking, quality managements and market supply
Assisting in the development and implementation of strategic Packhouse operational plans.
Coordinating and executing the packing program as planned and prioritised by the marketing department.
Effectively managing staff and ensuring compliance with company policies at all times.
Monitoring and ensuring that packing equipment, work stations and the entire Packhouse is maintained at the required hygiene and operational standards.
Monitoring and ensuring that the quality meets each customer’s specification.
Managing costs within the Packhouse according to the set budget.
Considering and implementing more efficient ways of meeting targets.
Sound leadership and direction in the pack house ensuring quality product output, accuracy and consistency in pack house processes and documentation.
Building and implementing best practice policies and principles.
Develop and train a team of pack house staff.
Ensuring high standards of health and safety practices.
Ensuring compliance to all necessary industry quality assurance standards.
Meeting all specifications as required by both local and export
Planning and purchasing of materials
Experience / Requirements
- Production management experience is essential.
- The ideal candidate would be familiar with Packing Machinery (Marco and ProSeal in particular).
- Fresh Produce / Food Production experience is ideal, however it is not essential
- Experience managing a Packhouse , including Packhouse staff.
- You would have experience being a ‘hands-on’ Packhouse Manager
- Effective staff management skills within a Production/Packing facility
- Must have Microsoft office experience, especially with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good numerical and planning skills.
- Self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends.
Please contact Frank Kinsella on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
|Job Category||Packhouse, Packhouse Manager|