Our client is a long established and well respected Fresh Produce Importer, Packer and Distributor and have customers in the UK and abroad. They are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager from within the Fresh produce industry to join their wonderful offices in Kent …. They are looking for a Procurement Manager who can speak SPANISH!
- You will be responsible for the procurement of some key fruit categories and ensuring stock levels are maintained.
- The company have an established grower base and you will be responsible for working closely with them to develop the supply chain.
- You will also be responsible for managing the forecasts and budgets, ensuring you are working closely with the commercial and technical teams to gain team buy in.
- Proactive communication with stakeholders with a clear understanding customer needs.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure future supply and to build strategic supplier partnerships
- Responsible for the supplier management and strategic sourcing of products.
- Responsible for buying a variety of fresh produce, negotiating the best Terms and price
- Work with suppliers to negotiate weekly availability
- Maintaining up to date market knowledge and behaviour, identifying new opportunities
- Build relationships and work closely with Sales team and other departments
- Responsible for maintaining a financially healthy procurement business
- Invoice suppliers and produce accurate account sales.
- Maintain day to day communication with suppliers and inform them of any quality issues which may result in a lower sales value
- You will be creating and delivering the procurement strategy for this category.
- This will involve developing existing supplier relationships and sourcing new ones where appropriate.
- This role will also involve close links with the Retailer to ensure a good collaborative approach.
- Commercially proficient in all matters of Buying and Selling fresh produce.
Demonstrable experience in a similar role in the fresh produce industry
- You will ideally have around 4-5 years of experience in this category
- Experience of developing (not just managing) supplier relationships is important as they work very closely with all of their partners.
- Articulate and fluent in both English and Spanish
- Good numerical and IT skill
- Proven negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills
- Portfolio of current sources of supply.
- Must be passionate about produce
- Commercially minded and be able to deliver results first and foremost
- Given the nature of the role, there will be a flexibility expected in working hours
- Strong and pro-active communication skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi task
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately and make good decisions under pressure
- High level of computer literacy and attention to detail
- Availability to travel (UK and abroad) to visit suppliers as and when required
Salary – Dependent on Procurement and Industry experience
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||Procurement, Procurement Manager|
|Salary||Salary - Dependent on Procurement and Industry experience|