Are you an hands-on Procurement Manager?
Are you looking for your next step in the Fresh Produce Industry?
Look no further…!
A leading Fresh Produce company in Kent (who are incredibly well known and respected in the Industry) are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager from within the Fresh produce industry to join their wonderful offices!
They are open to Procurement candidates from outside of the Industry (Food / fmcg) but your energy to learn a new industry must be evident!
You will be joining a buzzing Procurement team and you will be responsible for all product procurement, planning, programming, budgets and last but not least, waste management. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years procurement experience in the fresh produce industry
The skill sets required include a strong negotiator, someone able to plan and organise their day with a good eye for detail, and an excellent communicator. The successful individual will have the ambition, drive and ability to develop the business and truly shape its future. The business works very closely with all of its partners, so experience of developing, not just managing, supplier relationships is important.
- Commercially proficient in all matters of Buying and Selling fresh produce.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in the fresh produce industry
- You will ideally have around 2 years of experience in a Fresh Produce / Food category
- Spanish language would be highly advantageous
- Experience of developing (not just managing) supplier relationships is important as they work very closely with all of their partners.
- You will have a clear advantage if you can speak another European language – Spanish is preferable.
- Good numerical and IT skill
- Proven negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills
- Must be passionate about produce
- Commercially minded and be able to deliver results first and foremost
- Given the nature of the role, there will be a flexibility expected in working hours
- Strong and pro-active communication skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi task
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately and make good decisions under pressure
- High level of computer literacy and attention to detail
- Availability to travel (UK and abroad) to visit suppliers as and when required
Salary – Dependent on Procurement and Industry experience
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||Buyer, Procurement, Procurement Coordinator, Procurement Manager, purchasing|