We have a new position with a well known and highly respected Fresh Produce company – They are a apart of a thriving international team who have a excellent reputation in the Industry – This role will be with the UK team in their offices based in Kent. A position has opened up for a experienced Fresh Produce Procurement Manager – Exciting stuff!
The Procurement Manager will be :
- Creating and delivering the international procurement strategy for their main Fresh Produce Categories – Predominately Salads and Vegetables.
- This will involve developing existing supplier relationships and sourcing new ones where appropriate.
- Responsible for long term company procurement strategy on import fruit.
- Directing and managing imported procurement function for these product
- Responsible for maintaining the strategic relationship between key suppliers and partners.
- Ability to read the market & propose calculated and agreed risks to grow business.
- Close working relationship with Trading and Technical teams to deliver the strategic plan for the business.
- Drive sustainable return for all stakeholders
- Support import fruit category management
- Mentor less senior people within the team
- Responsible for managing the forecasts and budgets, ensuring you are working closely with the commercial and technical teams to gain team buy in.
- You will be responsible for mentoring less senior experienced members of the team to ensure they are developing as well.
- Deputise for Procurement Director in both internal and external engagements.
We are looking for a Procurement Manager from the Industry – Someone who knows what they are doing and they are therefore capable of ‘hitting the ground running’ with this exciting international company !
- Current Procurement experience in the Fresh Produce Industry
- Some exposure to Salads or Vegetables would be highly advantageous
- The majority of countries they are sourcing from are Spanish speaking, so being fluent in Spanish is essential!
- You would have a thorough understanding of the Fruit Industry and its customers in the UK
- We would expect you to have a understand of the UK Retail and / or UK non retail or wholesale market
- IT Skills must be excellent
- Excellent communication skills
Salary – Very much dependent on the experience the successful candidate brings
Please contact Frank or Georgina to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720599. Please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||Procurement, Procurement Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|