JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Procurement Manager (Fresh Produce)
Our client is one of the Sultanate of Oman’s leading businesses, operating in the Building material supply trade. Recently they have diversified into new areas and of particular interest to us is the formation of a FOOD division and in particular a FRESH PRODUCE sector.
The Fresh Produce Director has instructed us to find a PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL to source all Fresh Produce products from Growers and Suppliers all around the World. This is a unique opportunity to join the team in Oman at an early stage and make a significant mark.
Our client require a Procurement candidate to be part of an exciting period of growth for the business. They will provide opportunities for innovation, progression and career development, together with a significant package to attract the best candidate.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience
- Experience of the fresh produce industry is essential, will have a proven track record of successful Trading / Procurement in the industry
- Ideally the Fresh Produce procurement experience will be well- rounded across most categories of fruit, vegetables and salad.
- Developing new products
- Source products worldwide, actively sourcing new suppliers, negotiate prices and oversee import of goods
- Forecast requirements and order products to meet sales demand (with sales colleagues).
- Review purchase orders for accuracy and optimum delivery / pricing.
- Negotiate improved pricing, packaging, product quality, and transport costs.
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and with suppliers.
- Understand customer needs and excel in building excellent working relationships with new and existing contacts.
- Must possess excellent communication on the phone and face to face, negotiation skills and whilst maintaining a professional attitude, having the ability to challenge and push back when appropriate.
- Have the passion, ambition to succeed and willingness to continually develop your skills.
- IT literate, Numerate and clear logical thinker with Good general administration skills
- Ability to work on your own and in a team environment is essential
- Able to work to challenging deadlines
- Knowledge & Experience of procurement processes
- Must have driving license – as will be required to visit suppliers and company DC’s.
Please contact Frank or Georgina to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720599. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at email@example.com
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F2207