JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Senior Procurement Manager
West Midlands, UK
Procurement, Procurement Manager, Salad Procurement Manager, Senior Buying, Senior Procurement Manager
An opportunity for an Experienced Procurement Manager to join a well known Fresh Produce company based in Worcestershire. Our client is a well-known grower and packer with an established UK customer base . They are currently expanding their Trading team to include a new Fresh Produce Procurement Manager in charge of Salads.
Our client require a Procurement candidate to be part of an exciting period of growth for the business. They will provide opportunities for innovation, progression and career development, together with a significant package to attract the best candidate.
You would be working with the Commercial Director to manage the day to day procurement for ‘off ‘ season product and manage the stock / production after UK harvest.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience ·
- Experience of the fresh produce industry is essential, will have a proven track record of successful trading in the industry.
- Salad procurement / trading would be essential. ·
- Be involved in the NPD & NVD projects.
- Source products worldwide, actively sourcing new suppliers, negotiate prices and oversee import of goods ·
- Forecast requirements and order products to meet sales demand (with sales colleagues). ·
- Review purchase orders for accuracy and optimum delivery / pricing. ·
- Negotiate improved pricing, packaging, product quality, and transport costs. ·
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and with suppliers.
- Understand customer needs and excel in building excellent working relationships with new and existing contacts. ·
- Must possess excellent communication on the phone and face to face, negotiation skills and whilst maintaining a professional attitude, having the ability to challenge and push back when appropriate. ·
- Have the passion, ambition to succeed and willingness to continually develop your skills. ·
- IT literate, Numerate and clear logical thinker with Good general administration skills ·
- Ability to work on your own and in a team environment is essential ·
- Able to work to challenging deadline ·
- Knowledge & Experience of procurement processes ·
- Must have driving licence – as will be required to visit suppliers and our warehouse.
If you are interested, please get in touch with Frank or Georgie from FMK Consulting and we can have a chat about this position and the company …. Please contact Georgina on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at email@example.com
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F151