We are looking for a Procurement Manager from the Fresh Produce Industry…..Our client is a well known Fresh Produce marketeer in the UK . They have a client base covering all sectors of the Fresh Produce Industry , also supplying an extensive range of Fresh Produce in Europe.
The role will be based in their offices in Surrey.
This role will focus on the successful Buying of Spanish Fresh Produce through effective price negotiation and supplier relations. This role can deal with a range of fruit and vegetable products but initially this will be Citrus and Grapes. Working closely with internal departments such as Commercial and Technical to ensure that the sales team will have the right product best quality and right price.
- Proactive communication with stakeholders with a clear understanding customer needs.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure future supply and to build strategic supplier partnerships
- Responsible for the supplier management and strategic sourcing of products.
- Responsible for buying a variety of fresh produce, negotiating the best Terms and price
- Work with suppliers to negotiate weekly availability
- Maintaining up to date market knowledge and behaviour, identifying new opportunities
- Build relationships and work closely with Sales team and other departments
- Responsible for maintaining a financially healthy procurement business
- Invoice suppliers and produce accurate account sales.
- Maintain day to day communication with suppliers and inform them of any quality issues which may result in a lower sales value
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety.
- To work with Supervisors and Managers on Health & Safety issues.
- To work within the Health & Safety guidelines.
- Fluent in Spanish & English language
- Commercially proficient in all matters of Buying and Selling fresh produce.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in the fresh produce industry
- Good numerical and IT skills
- Proven negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills
- Portfolio of current Spanish (& others) suppliers
- 2/3 years experience in a similar role
- Must be passionate about produce
- Commercially minded and be able to deliver results first and foremost
- Given the nature of the role, there will be a flexibility expected in working hours
- Strong and pro-active communication skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi task
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately and make good decisions under pressure
- High level of computer literacy and attention to detail
- Availability to travel (UK and abroad) to visit suppliers as and when required
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||Juicy, Procurement, Procurement Manager, purchasing, Senior Buying|