A leading Fresh Produce company are recruiting two Production Controller’s to join their successful operation in Kent.
Job purpose: To lead and manage all aspects of designated production areas to ensure effective delivery of quality, service and cost optimisation for all product sorting, selection and packaging.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Recruit, retain and develop a balanced, competent, capable and motivated team, recognized throughout the organisation for its expertise and value to the business. Perform regular performance appraisal activity.
- Provide planning and control within production through budgetary planning, forecasting, expenditure control and transactional processing
- Manage the effective delivery and enhancement of key operational effectiveness measures within production including product waste reduction, right first time quality processing, labour utilization, productivity and overall efficiency.
- Reduce accidents and safety issues by driving a culture of safety first.
- Responsible for regularly updating self and team on regulatory requirements (e.g. H&S, BRC, ETI) and then ensuring all requirements are complied with.
- To participate in the management of the overall organisation through effective interaction with peers both within operations and wider business functions.
- Identify and prioritise improvement projects and activities, based on best ROI for efficiency and effectiveness, engaging the team in driving continuous improvement in performance.
- Promote a positive culture, demonstrating respect, professionalism and a `can do` attitude at all times.
Key performance indicators [TBC]:
- Safety – no loss time accidents
- Horizons Planning Meetings – 100% complete and on time
- Operational KPI’s – achieved
Skills, know-how and experience:
- You would be in a Production position within the Fresh Produce Industry.
- Experience of building and leading a team that strives for continual improvement in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to operate effectively both internally and externally at multiple levels of an organisation.
- Exhibits positive behaviours and professionalism at all times, even in difficult situations or when executing unpopular/tough decisions.
- Able to hold others accountable whilst maintaining positive relationships.
- Proven ability to plan resources, time, budgets and responsibilities according to results requirement whilst taking the bigger picture into consideration.
- Able to align the business agenda with team/individual activities through effective delegation.
- Good IT skills – utilising Microsoft Office packages effectively.
- Proactive approach to balancing business and customer needs.
- Uses analytical skills and data to drive improvement priorities.
- Experience of working with SAP system
- Understanding of BRC, ETI requirements.
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt or experience in continuous improvement projects
- Management / Leadership training
Reports to Head of Production
- Production Team Leaders
- Production Operatives
Dotted line reports / key stakeholders:
- Warehouse Shift Manager
- QA and Label Room Controllers
- Customer Service Controllers