A leading Fresh Produce company in Kent are looking for a Production Shift Manager to join their busy packhouse in Kent.
The role of Production Shift Manager would consist of :
- Oversee the production operation in the packhouse and support / cooperate with Line Leaders, Machine Operatives, and QA in their shift.
- Ensure adequate fruit has been sourced, sufficient and appropriate labour provided, and workload planned as to best utilize resources.
- Receive orders and plan daily production ensuring it meets the time scales.
- Ensure correct stock rotation.
- Ensure Waste disposal Managed.
- Monitor productivity levels, provide estimates, day to day comparisons.
- Help to plan weekly rotas and holidays.
- Ensure the minimum of 11h break is taken between the shifts for all employees and maintain records accordingly.
- Carry out grievance & disciplinary procedures where appropriate.
- Ensure checks been made to verify product, labels, and packaging packed in accordance with customer specifications & correct product out graded.
- Ensure provision made for sufficient training to maximize the potential of all employees.
- Accountable for all fruit entering and leaving the packhouse.
- Manage Non-conforming product.
- Ensure Packaging and tools storage in maintained appropriately.
- Manage production systems in accordance with BRC, Tesco, Sedex (ethical audits).
- Explore and develop, where viable, possibilities for the future development of the business, including machinery, type services offered, best working practices.
- Supervise and accompany visitors on site.
- Ensure HACCP implemented and reviewed regularly.
- Promote high standards of hygiene.
- Ensure packhouse cleaning schedules carried out.
- Ensure all breakages are dealt with properly, adhering to the relevant procedures.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures, always.
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested by the operations manager.
Please apply if you have the following experience and qualities:
- Strong people management experience
- Process – Driven
- Experience working in a FMCG company, ideally within a busy packhouse or warehouse
- Experience in a similar role
Please note: You will need access to a car to travel to this location.
The good stuff
- Opportunity to develop
- On-site parking
- Free Apples
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
The shifts for this role are 5 in 7 days (weekend working would be 4 in 3 off ) and the working hours are 7am-7pm shift pattern. Please only apply if this is suitable.
Please contact Frank or Georgina to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720599. Please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||Packhouse, Production Shift Manager|