JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Our client is a successful and continuously growing Fresh Produce company, involved with UK retailers and non retail outlets. They are looking for a QA Supervisor to join their Quality Assurance team. This will be for the evening shift.
This will be for a 12 month Maternity Cover (Please get in touch for more information)
Key Performance areas:
- To have a comprehensive understanding of company commitment and focus towards quality and its implementation through the Quality Management System.
- To deal with fruit quality and labeling issues as they occur, carrying out tests and checks and ensure any failures are documented appropriately.
- To be familiar with packing requirements through the daily packing instructions.
- To inspect and approve customer labels according to customer specifications and the daily approved label instructions from Sales.
- To communicate non-conformances through all stage of quality control to the relevant departments – Technical, Quality Assurance, Operations.
- To assist in the training of operatives to ensure compliance to customer specifications.
- To maintain a close working relationship with the QA Manager and operations personnel to ensure continuous flow of information relating to quality and production performance.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are being followed as required.
- Liaise with sales, technical and procurement teams as required.
- Assist with the development of new packing processes and quality management procedures that may occur from time to time.
- To collate samples where required.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Very good organisational skills
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
Reports to: QA Manager
To apply for the role please send across your CV to Georgie or Frank on email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) or call the office on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 / +44 (0) 7734 861 080 for more information.For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F612