Our Client is one of the world’s leading vertically integrated producers, marketers and distributors of high-quality fresh and fresh-cut fruit and vegetables, as well as the leading producer and distributor of prepared food across the globe.
To strengthen the European Quality Team we are looking for a Quality and Supply Chain Co-coordinator, the Position will be located in Hamburg
Reporting to the Regional Manager QA Fresh you will be responsible for:
- Train / advise customer base and company personnel regarding the ‘Best in Class’ practice for receiving, warehousing, shipping, retailing, and merchandising practices for all our client’s products.
- Ensure the QA and QC teams are operating with processes that are efficient and productive.
- Be responsible for owning Product Quality and communicating effectively with internal stakeholders and Customers alike.
- Guide and Mentor Sales units and QA Operatives in responding to Customer inquiries and requirements particularly on accreditation for compliance purposes.
- Organise and Chair advisory meetings with both Customers and Company personnel with the aim to focus on Quality, Operational efficiency and profitability. Ensure recommendations are actioned and regularly reviewed.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with both Customers and internal Stakeholders.
- Understand and actively engage with customers on Technical and practical projects to address and predict customer needs. This will inevitably improve Product handling through the Supply Chain.
- Be responsible for Training and Informational seminars for Internal company divisions, QA, QC, Technical and Commercial. Where appropriate include customers.
- Conduct field level evaluations of QA, R&D, NPD, NVD, Production and Packaging trials. Provide a detailed analysis of each trial to Stakeholders.
- Be in a position to operate from all company sites.
We are looking for a candidate who is/has:
- Four year college degree
- Previous technical, quality assurance, management or supervisory experience related to produce warehouse operations (including transportation), and retail produce handling and produce merchandising.
- Knowledge of production, transportation, distribution, and post-harvest handling of fruits and vegetables.
- Knowledge / experience related to warehouse maintenance and sanitation, refrigeration.
- Strong statistical skill.
- Understanding of basic science concepts in chemistry, biology, and physics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. oral and written) in English and German.
Preferred but not Essential Skills:
- Fluent in non-local languages
- Experience in tropical product production / QA at the farm or port level.
- Knowledge of statistics.
- Banana Ripening experience
- A position in a dynamic & challenging international environment.
- A competitive salary package.
- Committed and motivated colleagues with a clear sense of team spirit.
Location: We are looking for someone near or close to Port Hamburg
The role requires a lot of international travel, so the successful candidate must be flexible and happy to travel.
If you would like to discuss this exciting position, call the FMK Consulting team – Monica, Frank or Georgie on +44 (0)1273 720599 or send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (This is just.co) and we will come back to you straight away.
If you are German Speaking please call Mónica Ballesteros on +34 633670629 and she will go over the position with you
|Job Category||Customer Technical Manager, Quality and Supply Chain Co-ordinator, Technical Positions, Technical Services Supervisor|