Do you want to be a part of something that might just change the world?
Our client are one of the UK’s top fruit growers and they focused on the bigger picture….feeding the nation with high quality fresh produce whilst actively changing the way we do this that will protect the land and our planet for years to come.
We are currently seeking two Quality Controller’s to join a well known Fresh Produce company based in beautiful Kent…! If you are a Quality Controller with Fresh produce experience (ideally Top Fruit product knowledge) and looking for a new challenge, this could be the right role for you!
The role will be required to carry out the following responsibilities activities, and duties:
• Ensure compliance of intakes, completing Intake Quality Assessment according to customer specification
• Ensure that office, production, and Quality are informed of produce quality status from intakes on a daily basis.
• Ensure that briefings are provided to Technical Managers for red status produce
• Carry out quality checks to finished products when picked for dispatch
• Inform production and technical departments of Any products placed on hold
• Complete appropriate labels and paperwork have been completed and attached to product
• Ensure that correct orders are placed for labels using NFI label form
• Collect daily shelf life with details and deliver to QA room for processing
• Ensure that all appropriate checks have been carried out at the end of positive release according to relevant finished product specifications
• Attach positive release labels to product before dispatch
• Share communicate updates with team members as required
• Complete all applicable documentation to the highest standards
• Support the Quality Assurance supervisors to achieve the highest level of quality
• Carry out appropriate quality assurance checks in a timely manner
• Implement audit action points
• Identify quality issues and escalate to appropriate person
• Resolve quality issues at the lowest level We all like to know a bit of every area, our business is subject to change with orders and the role is expected to understand reasonable alterations and additional tasks if required, to support the business needs of the company
You will ideally have experience working in a quality role, preferably working with fresh produce (Top Fruit).
Previous experience in a quality control position would be advantageous
Fresh produce exposure or the passion to join the sector
Self-motivated, with the ability to communicate effectively
Good level of accuracy and attention to detail
Must have excellent communication skills
You will have experience in adhering to legal standards, health and safety guidelines and be able to take appropriate action where these standards are not met.
You should have a good knowledge of food safety and quality systems.
|Job Category||Quality Control, Quality Controller|
|Salary||up to £10.59 per hour DOE|