Job Title QC
Reports to QC Team Leader and then to Quality Assurance Manager
We have a vacancy for a QC to join our clients busy Fresh Produce business in Kent.
The main requirement of this role involves assessing and QC testing of incoming fresh produce along with the QC team.
- Reporting to the QC Team Leader
- Carry out daily product inspections on arrival.
- To conduct internal audits.
- Communicating information to team members, to have a thorough and effective shift handover.
- To ensure equipment is operational and relevant checks are made and maintained.
- General Housekeeping
- Assisting our customers in produce reselection.
- On some occasions you may be asked to help Warehouse in some duties ( e.g. Inbound and outbound loading, Order picking and pallet building, Stock running)
- To promote harmonious and effective working relationships both internally and externally, ensuring excellent customer service through a combination of communication and team work.
Own transport required owing to location
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in fresh produce industry. (Packing lines/Warehouse)
- Experience in Quality Control position on in-loading will be beneficial.
- Technically capable, the chosen candidates will need to be IT literate and demonstrate competencies of operating/understanding spreadsheets. Education to a minimum GCSE (C+ grade) in both English and Maths.
- Great communication skills and be able to easily build rapport with other colleagues and liaise confidently at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi task and prioritise.
- React positively and flexibly to the changing needs in the overall working environment and individual role.
- Flexible approach to duties and hours of work to meet the needs of the business on a day by day basis
- Able to work sole and as part of a team
- Customer focused
- Ability to work, but more importantly prioritise and make decisions, under pressure.
- This position would suit to someone who would like to take a new opportunity or is looking to develop a career in the fresh produce industry.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary (subject to experience)
- 28 days holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
The requirement would be at both their depots in Kent.
Full time, working 8.00-17.00 on rota basis, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Please contact Frank or Georgina to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720599. Please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company