JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Salad Farming Manager
Farm Management, Farm Manager, Farming
Our client (part of a highly successful International Group) , is well respected in the trade and specialises in UK grown salad crops with a number of quality brands in major retailers. They have initiated a new position to take operational control of one of their specialty crops based in Hampshire.
The Farm Manager will be responsible for the daily planning, organsiation, supervision and administration of activities on the salad farm. The role will call on many disciplines not least is a good operational background in this area, some of the other areas would be a knowledge of Agronomy, compliance, Health and Safety, sustainability in farming, environmental issues critically water recycling, NPD, Logistics, quality management, budgeting, maintenance, crop production and harvesting.
You’ll be working on an outdoor salad farm in Hampshire, assisting the Farm Manager in all operations of salad crop production. You’ll undertake field cultivations, crop spraying and irrigation as required, manage the workshop and maintain stock levels.
- You would have at least 2 years in a Farming / Growing position, working with Salads.
- You would have strong ‘hands on’ farming experience
- You must have excellent communication skills
- Ideally you would have a background in Agronomy, Fresh Produce Growing, Production, Glass House Production, etc.
- You would have a strong interest in environmental issues
- Ideally you would have a Agricultural Degree, or similar
- A full driving license is essential.
- You’ll be a great team player and be passionate about produce!
In return for your commitment to the business, you will receive a competitive salary depending on your experience. Accommodation is also available if desired.
If you are interested, please get in touch with Frank or Georgie from FMK Consulting and we can have a chat about this position and the company …. Please contact Georgina on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F114