FMK Consulting are looking for a talented Fresh Produce Trader to join one of the leading international Fresh Produce companies in the UK – They have an enviable International Business Model and are well respected in the Industry. Due to continued growth and success, they are looking for a Trader to join their Fresh Produce Team!
They distribute to the whole of the UK and into the EU fresh produce sector, wholesalers, distributors, packers, processors, and some retail customers …
Overall, this is an impressive opportunity to grow your career; You would be joining a company that is committed to providing opportunities for innovation and growth. If you have the drive for success, you will have plenty of chances to develop a rewarding career.
They are interested in talking to Traders with experience in Salad categories, those with up to 2 years + current experience to those with a full portfolio of customers and a wealth of knowledge from the Fresh Produce Industry… selling into UK customers (non-retail preferred). Apart from your talent as a trader they are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic, and hardworking individual to thrive in a team environment.
If you are an ambitious and dedicated trader, this is a fantastic role in which you can take on a new challenge with a successful international company.
The Fresh Produce Trader will be responsible for the following:
- Sales and Planning
- · Planning and procuring the required product for their customer base
- · Understanding the cost structure and robust cost management
- · Logistics planning and stock management of fresh products
- Supplier Management
- · Managing current relationships with supply base
- · Developing new relationships
- Customer Management
- · Manage current relationships with customer base
- · Develop new relationships with customers that complement the business model
To be considered for this role you must have the following knowledge and experience….
- · Fresh Produce Sales experience. Experience in the Fresh Produce Industry must be current
- · Minimum 2+ years’ experience in fresh produce trading (sales/purchasing). Our client is interested in seeing applications from all experience levels, but we would require the minimum level to be 2-3 years in a current Trading role.
- · Sales experience selling into Fresh Produce Non Retail customers in the UK
- · Current experience working with Salads
- · You would have had experience in a customer focused role
- · You should have a team player mentality
- · Have excellent negotiation and organisational abilities.
- · Language skills would be an advantage but not essential.
- · Self-driven and positive, as a Trader, you must have brilliant interpersonal, numerical and communication skills, both over the phone for day to day trading and face-to-face for meeting suppliers/ customers alike.
- · Previous experience in a trader/ sales or similar role is essential as is the ability to bring trading experience and skills with you.
- · This role requires a high degree of personal motivation and we would want this to show in your track record.
- For the more ‘ senior ‘ trading positions, we would expect you to have this added experience / knowledge
- · Own portfolio of F&V customers
- · Outstanding track record in Fresh Produce Trading
- · Your current experience would be from within the Fresh Produce Industry and you would understand the Industry inside out.
- · Excellent knowledge of the fruit industry and the customers
- · You would be looking for your next Senior role within the Industry and your experience would reflect this
- · Excellent people / team management skills
- · You are currently working with the UK Retail or Non retail customers in the Fresh Produce Industry
- · At least 5-6 years in a Procurement, Sales, Commercial , Category Management, Business Unit Management or similar role within Fresh Produce / Salad Categories
Please contact Frank or Georgina to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role
Tel: 07734 861 080 / Email: email@example.com
|Job Category||Salad Trader, Sales, Sales Manager, Senior Sales, Trader, Trading Manager, Wholesale Sales|