A leading Fruit company based in Kent are looking for a Sales and Operational Planning Manager
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Owning the sales and operational planning process across the rolling 2 week planning horizon
- Delivering against key planning and business KPI’s, monitor and report forecast bias & accuracy results to Demand Planning Manager and Supply Planning Manager contacts to assist in future planning
- Collaborating with Commercial to incorporate exceptional commercial adjustments into the sales & operational plan, liaising with key stakeholders to ensure no adverse impact to plans and ensuring forecast is accurate
- Assisting in the delivery of industry leading customer service levels and minimising product waste through proactive customer and supplier engagement.
- Enhancing forecasting capabilities and accuracy, building relationships with key internal customers
- Lead the Commercial Planners to be the ‘voice of the Grower’ and enabling strong relationships to be formed
- Mitigate stock outs, or failures to supply, by planning across the Grower network, liaising with Growers, Agronomy, Technical, Supply Planners, Demand Planners, Logistics and Account Managers appropriately.
- Owning and developing the Sales & Operational Planning process in the short-term (weeks 1-2) across the company, reporting to Head of Planning.
- Lead the team to ensure Growers are actively involved in the sales & operational planning process.
- Establish and continue developing S&OP processes supported by the IT systems.
- Monitor and deliver functions’ performance against set goals and objectives. (i.e. order accuracy, forecast accuracy, stock residency, etc.)
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organisation of S&OP Team.
- Advise and counsel key stakeholders on plan adherence issues and trends.
- Identify and lead improvement initiatives (systems, processes, people) working together with key internal stakeholders.
We are looking for someone with the following experience :
- 3-5 years related experience in demand planning,
• Preferably experience in fresh produce, fast moving FMCG environment or similar
• Experience in managing, training and mentoring a team
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal relations skills.
• Highly developed influencing and collaboration and facilitation skills.
• Building strong relationships with Growers, commercial and Account Managers to drive effective business planning
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with all demand, supply and commercial personnel
• Building strong relationships with markets, customers, commercial and brand managers to drive effective business planning
• Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and uncertain environment
• Excellent analytical skills and confidence to work with numbers
• Knowledge of ERP & forecasting systems
Reports to: Head of Planning
Commercial, Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Strategic
Planning, Agronomy, Growers, Procurement, Operations,
If you would like to discuss this position, call the FMK Consulting team – Frank or Georgie on 01273 720599 or send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will come back to you straight away.
|Job Category||Planning Manager, Sales and Operational Planning Manager|
|Salary||Competitive + Benefits|