Sales & Purchasing Manager
Job Purpose: Working closely with suppliers from around the world . Our client supplies UK businesses with locally grown and imported fresh produce, you’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining existing client relationships within the Sales & Marketing department, whilst identifying and targeting new business opportunities.
Our client is keen to speak with candidates who has a track record in Sales, Trading and Purchasing within the Non retail sector of the Fresh Produce Industry (Wholesale markets, catering, processors, etc…)
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Managing customer accounts and generating sales. This involves managing a call list of clients within wholesale markets and out of market businesses, importers, distributors, caterers, packers, processors, catering sector etc. offering our products and taking orders.
- Focus on understanding customer needs and building long term relationships.
- Visiting customers and supporting New Business Development activity
- Learning about customer businesses, negotiating prices, and ensuring the delivery of first class customer service.
- Manage pricing and margins according to internal targets.
- Keeping credits, underpayments, wastage to a minimum
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through ethical sales methods. Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analysing sales options
- Optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Meet company targets for retention of growth and profitability.
- Building new Customer base, identify new opportunities to fit potential new customers Procurement:
- Sourcing products worldwide within defined sectors under guidance from Head of Procurement.
- Forecast product requirements and order products to meet sales demands.
- Review purchase orders for accuracy and optimum delivery / pricing.
- Negotiate improved pricing, packaging, product quality, and delivery.
- Ensure that all supplier documentation is up to date and all instructions, policies, and procedures for all local and externally relevant health and safety laws and policies are being followed and adhered to.
- All import paperwork is in order to ensure customs cleared with no disruptions or delays to supply.
- All Purchase orders placed have been placed through Company telephone and email to meet Import Customs requirements.
- Good Knowledge of fresh produce products, the specification and level of quality Produce and the customer requires ensuring that all supplies adequately meet these requirements
- Support generation of marketing materials, promotions, newsletters
- Maintain company social media sites.
Business, purchasing and selling skills:
- Must be an excellent telephone and face-to-face communicator.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience of managing accounts, achieving genuine sales development, new business and customer retention.
- Significant knowledge of Fresh produce and network of suppliers across key business categories.
- Experience in Sales, Trading and Purchasing within the Non retail sector of the Fresh Produce Industry (Wholesale markets, catering, processors, etc…)
Specific Job Skills:
- Able to communicate and motivate via written and verbal media in English, other languages a benefit.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Builds Client Base, Establishes partnerships/alliances, Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Meeting Purchasing requirements, Creativity, Sales Planning, Independence, Motivation for Sales, Teamwork, People Skills, Initiative, Customer Focus, Emphasizing Excellence
Personality & personal situation:
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- A Natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with company executives at all levels.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Confident and enthusiastic communicator.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel if and when required within the UK.
- Must have Full clean driving license, visiting of customers and suppliers to build relationships and develop new business, visiting markets and warehouses. May have opportunities to visit trade shows around the world.
- Responsibility and accountability.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Motivates self and others to achieve team objectives Computer
- Must be skilled in using MS office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Must be competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Able to complete quick mathematical calculations and a basic understand of profit and loss, gross margin percentages and calculations.
- Creativity: Applies flexibility, imagination and creative problem solving.
- Takes measured risks and tries new ideas.
- Self-Development Ability to identify and maintain a high standard of professionalism and performance by identifying and creating self development opportunities
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; Seeks feedback in order to improve performance.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
Please contact Frank or Georgina to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720599. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
|Job Category||Non Retail, Non retail Account Manager, Non retail Sales Manager, Procurement, purchasing, Sales, Sales and Purchasing, Sales Manager, Senior Sales, Senior Sales Manager, Senior Trading, Trader, Trading Manager, UK Sales Manager, wholesale, Wholesale Sales|
|Salary||Excellent for the right candidate (Negotiable)|