Our client is extremely well-placed in the Global Market and ranked one of the largest Fresh Produce companies in the UK and EU.
To drive their next stage of development and strategy they have restructured their business model and are now looking for a number of Senior Business Unit Managers to run their most important Fruit and Salad categories.
If you are currently in a Senior Management role, a background in trading fresh produce and running a team, we want to speak to you!
As a Business Unit Manager you need to be willing to take risks to drive the strategies and effectiveness of your unit. Essential to have a background in Fresh Produce /Food sales, Marketing and business development. You are a natural leader who has motivated and developed teams to their full potential. Your knowledge and experience will be your greatest contribution to this business.
As Business Unit Manager you are a vital part of the business engine, a savvy, positive operator with a background of successful negotiation both in Procurement and Sales. The Teams you have managed and led and shown exceptional performance. Proven initiative , innovation , drive and talent in your career to date.
- To lead the strategy and development of the Category Business Unit
- Set and deliver a strategy in line with corporate objectives and financial targets.
- Manage Customers and Suppliers in the unit and drive new business.
- Deliver high quality reporting and reviews of performance against plans.
- Create a collaborative, focused and positive working environment to inspire and motivate others.
Please apply if you have the following experience and skills
- Significant and demonstrable experience in managing a Business Unit with financial responsibility, ideally in a Fresh Produce trading environment.
- Current experience in Procurement, Sales, Commercial , Category Management Business Unit Management or similar role within Fresh Produce, Fruit or Salads Categories
- Experience in developing and delivering market growth, sales and new business plans.
- You would have worked with the UK Retail or Non retail customers in the Fresh Produce Industry
- Any additional knowledge of EU customers would be highly advantageous
- Any additional EU Language skills would be advantageous
- Excellent people / team management skills
- Ability to lead through values and vision
- Ability to lead and facilitate change
- Ability to gain commitment and deliver results.
- Excellent collaborative skills, ability to build and maintain partnerships and strategic relationships with a diverse Supplier and Customer base.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiating and relationship management skills.
- Strong innovative problem solving and first class analytical skills.
- Your current experience would be from within the Fresh Produce Industry and you would understand the Industry inside out.
- You would be looking for your next Senior role within the Industry and your experience would reflect this
Please contact Frank Kinsella on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||UK Sales Manager, wholesale, Wholesale Sales|
|Salary||Excellent, Negotiable - DOE|