JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Senior Packhouse Manager
Limpopo Province, South Africa
Packhouse Manager, Senior Packhouse Manager
A leading Citrus Fruit producer and exporter are looking for a experienced Senior Packhouse Manager to join their busy packhouse in Limpopo …In this role you would be responsible for the overall management and leadership functions of the Packhouse for a Limpopo based citrus production and export group.
Key Performance Areas:
- Form part of strategic management in planning of production, picking, quality managements and market supply
- Assisting in the development and implementation of strategic Packhouse operational plans.
- Coordinating and executing the packing program as planned and prioritised by the marketing department.
- Effectively managing staff and ensuring compliance with company policies at all times.
- Monitoring and ensuring that packing equipment, work stations and the entire Packhouse is maintained at the required hygiene and operational standards.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the quality meets each customer’s specification.
- Managing costs within the Packhouse according to the set budget.
- Considering and implementing more efficient ways of meeting targets.
- Liaising and assisting growers and various primary customers.
- Sound leadership and direction in the pack house ensuring quality product output, accuracy and consistency in pack house processes and documentation.
- Building and implementing best practice policies and principles.
- Develop and train a team of pack house staff.
- Ensuring high standards of health and safety practices.
- Ensuring compliance to all necessary industry quality assurance standards.
- Meeting all specifications as required by both local and export
- Planning and purchasing of materials
- Budget management
- Cold-room management
- De-Greening facility management
We are looking for someone with the following experience / knowledge :-
- Engineering or Industrial Engineering qualification will be beneficial
- Minimum 5 years’ production management experience within a food, beverages or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility or Packhouse facility.
- Must have Microsoft office experience, especially with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be completely bilingual.
- Excellent knowledge of BRC, HACCP, and Global Gap Accreditation.
- Production management experience is essential.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good numerical and planning skills.
- Self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends.
Salary offered for the successful candidate will be R 60 000 pm – R 90 000 pm CTC
Please contact Georgina or Frank on 01273 720 599 / 07734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at email@example.com
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F789