Our client is a highly successful and well respected Fresh Produce business in the UK . They have a history of delivering high quality produce with a very consistent level of service. Due to someone moving on, they have a requirement for a new Senior Procurement Manager to continue these high standards. The Senior Procurement role will be based in their offices in Kent.
The successful Procurement Manager would be from the Industry and understand the wonderful world of Fruit, you would also have a strong history for delivering strong results to their customers and good returns to their growers.
About the Job
- You will be responsible for ensuring the business is working with the right partners across the world.
- You will need to be able to speak to a range of stakeholders at a range of levels.
- You will be closely involved with the customers as well in order to ensure they are fully informed.
- Developing and implementing the strategic procurement goals, is a crucial part of the role.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Responsible for long term company procurement strategy on import fruit.
• Directing and managing imported procurement function for these products
• Responsible for maintaining the strategic relationship between key suppliers and partners.
• Ability to read the market & propose calculated and agreed risks to grow business.
• Close working relationship with Trading and Technical teams to deliver the strategic plan for the business.
• Drive sustainable return for all stakeholders
• Support import fruit category management
• Mentor less senior people within the team
• Deputise for Procurement Director in both internal and external engagements.
- You will have experience of working in a Senior Procurement role with a background in sourcing Fruit.
- A confident and ambitious Procurement background – They are looking for someone who knows the Industry and who isn’t afraid to stand their ground
- Once travel can resume, there will be a fair amount of international travelling needed, so you will need to be flexible around this.
- Good organisational skills and a strong eye for detail is really important.
- Spanish Language would be ideal!
- You must have extensive experience within Fresh Produce procurement
- Experience of developing (not just managing) supplier relationships is important as they work very closely with all of their partners.
- Commercially astute and highly analytical
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills, and must have personal credibility and the ability to engage and enthuse a wide variety of audiences.
Please contact Frank or Georgina on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||Procurement, Procurement Coordinator, Procurement Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Salary||Circa £60k + DOE|