Senior Sales and Procurement Manager
A big name in the Industry are looking for a Senior Fresh Produce professionals to join their UK team as Sales and Procurement Manager.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with the Fresh Produce Industry. They will be responsible for the management and development of various product categories and implementation of business development strategies to capitalise on opportunities and establish strong strategic partnerships.
· To provide market leading strategies to deliver new product developments in both fresh and value added categories
·To deliver outstanding service expectations, ensuring customers expectations are met
· Grow the customer base
· Formulation and implementation of seasonal programs
· Lead pricing negotiations
· Establish, develop and maintain a commercially beneficial relationship with key customers. Write, implement, evolve and communicate a plan for all required areas
· Achieve all sales, volume and margin targets within key accounts
· Provide weekly sales forecasting to the business; · Provide accurate account information for the use in longer term forecasting and programming
· Continuously evaluate the supply chain to identify cost savings and opportunities to improve the quality and freshness of the product
· Liaise with internal departments (supply chain, procurement, technical, operations) to ensure quality and timely delivery of product
· Liaise with procurement and supply chain teams to address sourcing and availability issues
· Understand and communicate technical issues with the customer commercial team where necessary and liaise on these issues internally with technical and quality teams to achieve satisfactory resolution
· Develop and maintain an understanding of the market sector including consumer trends, competitor activity and product lines
· To identify and deliver opportunities for profitable business growth within key accounts
· Ensure the adherence of administrative and financial systems and controls
· Provide summary information regarding sales, volumes, margins and prices as and when required
Qualifications and Experience
· 10+ years experience in a commercial role within fresh produce (fruit and vegetables)
· A proven track record of successful business relationships together with the development of new products, marketing and strategic partnerships
· Written and spoken fluency in English (other European languages advantageous
· A specialist all-encompassing knowledge of fresh produce
· Demonstrable initiative-taking and innovative problem-solving abilities
· A strong, professional communicator who builds mutual trust and respect within a European supply-base.
· Skilled negotiator with commercial and financial acumen
· Possesses a win-win mindset
· To consistently meet targets and thrive in a high- pressure environment
You must be eligible to work in UK, be willing and able to travel internationally and be in receipt of a valid passport and full driving licence.
To apply for the exciting role, send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com (just.co)