Our client is a leading player in the Fresh Produce Industry based in Kent. They have asked FMK Consulting to find them an experienced Logistics and Supply Chain professional to join their team as a Supply Chain Logistics Coordinator.
The logistics coordinator will be responsible for organising and providing efficient transportation and storage solutions from import (inbound)to final product distribution (UK Retail and Non-Retail customers).
Liaising with the customer’s logistic departments and our clients UK’s account managers to coordinate and book-in future arrivals.Be prepared for all new and necessary import / export documentation in relation to Brexit.
Handling all logistic and operational suppliers such as customs agents, forwarders, haulage, warehousing, storage etc.
Track and log all rates, charges, agreements, contracts etc. which are related to the logistic and operational aspects of the UK branch.
Approve, allocate and insert all supplier invoices into the system and run a monthly check of cost and volume.
Reconciliation between actual/operational stock to the stock stated in their system.
Other duties would include:
- Management of inventory, storage and transportation.
- Ensure the timely pick up and delivery of shipments.
- Monitoring shipments, costs and timelines.
- Make and execute decisions regarding delivery needs of customer orders.
- Manage relationships with transport providers.
- Problem solve in an efficient and timely way.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, the ability to multi-task and most importantly the ability to work well in a team.
Please send over your CV if you have the following experience:
- The role will be quite admin based, so the successful candidate must have experience in a similar position.
- 1-2 years proven experience in Administration position
- Experience in logistics within a role within a Fresh Produce / Food or FMCG company
- Language skills (an advantage)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of data systems – Experience with Rubicon would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- High level of English language both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational, written and oral communication skills.
- Good human relations and social skills.
- High attention to detail with a strong due diligence mindset.
- IT Literate
- Fantastic interpersonal and commercial skills
If you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||Supply Chain, Supply Chain & Logistics Coordinator|