A successful Fresh Produce company are looking for a Supply Planner to join their team in Kent. The successful Supply Planner would have understanding or directly related experience in demand planning preferably within a Fresh Produce, Food or FMCG Company.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Owning the supply planning process for a category across multiple planning horizons at both fruit type, variety and SKU level by Grower
- Translating the demand plan across all time horizons into an actionable fruit supply plan for Procurement and Growers which will ensure minimum impact on the packing operations and maximum customer service against the sales plan
- Tracking the performance of Grower and Suppliers across the agreed supply plan and driving continued accuracy and improvements
- Highlighting risks and opportunities to the Demand Planning Team and developing mitigating actions together with Commercial, Growers and Procurement teams
- Reporting and monitoring the fruit stock position across UK and Import supply chains within the 3-12 week planning window, and yearly plan.
- Monitoring, reporting and challenging the integrity of supply information from Growers, Suppliers & Procurement, adjusting forecasts as necessary and advising all parties of the changes and reasons.
- Providing a clear view of what potential shortage and surplus positions we have against the current sales forecast and establish contingency plans to prevent issues.
- Managing supply reviews with Growers and participating in supplier’s performance review meetings with Procurement
- Owning and developing the supply plans for their category in the short (3-12 weeks), and medium-term (1yr) horizons across the company, reporting to Supply Planning Manager.
- Creation of a supply plan working primarily with Growers, Procurement & Agronomy teams.
- Drive forecast accuracy and improved communications from the Growers to the various stakeholders in BG
- Work with the Demand Planners to ensure the availability of product is matched to commercial plans and issues are raised and solved
- Monitor and deliver functions’ performance against set goals and objectives. (i.e. fruit availability, forecast accuracy)
- Advise and counsel growers, procurement, agronomy and operations on fruit availability against the sales forecast
- Ensure the Commercial Planners have a robust and accurate plan to cover the next phase/horizon window (wk1-2)
- An understanding or directly related experience in Supply planning
- Preferably experience in fresh produce or similar sectors
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- Highly developed influencing and collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and confidence to work with numbers
- Knowledge of ERP & forecasting systems
If you would like to discuss this position, call the FMK Consulting team – Frank or Georgie on 01273 720599 or send over a CV to email@example.com and we will come back to you straight away.
|Job Category||Forecasting, Supply Planner|
|Salary||Competitive + Benefits|