A leading Fresh Produce company in Kent are looking for a Technical Account Manager to join the Technical team. The successful Technical Account Manager would have a Technical Management background in the Fresh Produce or similar Industry and would have current experience in a customer facing role with the UK retailer sector. The company is the leading Soft Fruit supplier in the UK and are going from strength to strength throughout the years…. This position is ideally for a senior Technical Manager who enjoys engaging with customers and has current experience being in a role that works face to face with UK Retail customers. It would be ideal that you have a background in Soft Fruit, but a passion and some experience for Fresh produce is what we are looking for!
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
To control quality and to provide due diligence and innovations to customers and to support growers from a quality, technical and innovation point of view
- To manage the technical account for customers as required.
- Accompany retail customer personel on grower / packhouse visits.
- To be part of the Technical Department team and provide support to the companies growers in QA management and product quality compliance.
- Undertake pre and in-season packhouse audits to ensure compliance with current standards and requirements for supply to multiple retailers.
- Ensure that customer technical requirements are communicated to sites as required.
- Ensure compliance of fruit quality standards during the main UK production season to each customer’s specification.
- Ensure continued QA systems compliance during the main UK production season through regular inspection and audits.
- To innovate, drive and help adoption of new ideas.
- Assist the grower or office in the event of product problems as appropriate.
- Liaise with the sales team providing accurate local information about crop stages and volumes.
- Participate in training courses for growers and their staff during the off season.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
This Technical Account Manager role is an excellent opportunity for you if you enjoy:
Managing technical accounts for customers.
Interacting with customers and keeping them happy.
Supporting soft fruit growers in quality assurance management.
Ensuring that the Packhouse team understands your customers’ technical requirements.
Innovation and driving forward new ideas.
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Very good organisational skills
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
The ideal person will have:
Significant and relevant experience of working in a similar role, preferably in soft fruit or other areas of fresh produce. You’ll be credible in front of customers, suppliers and growers and have fantastic interpersonal skills and strong management skills.
|Job Category||Senior Technical Manager, Technical, Technical Account Manager|
|Salary||Excellent for the right candidate (Negotiable)|