A well known Fresh Produce company are looking for a Technical Assistant Manager to join the team in Kent
Main Job Purpose of the Role:
Oversee Technical function within the Business, maintenance and development of the Quality Management System. Ensuring the Business is compliant with the relevant legal, food safety and customer standards.
Main Duties and Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Preparation and GAP analysis for legal, food safety and customer standards. This would include but not be limited to BRC, Tesco TFS, Red Tractor, Global GAP, M&S Field to Fork and other customer code of practices. This might involve showing auditors and customers around the site and presenting the Business and relevant data / files.
- Management of document control system for the business. Manage updates to policies, documents and procedures and ensure document control procedure is adhered to.
- Management, trending and reporting of service levels, customer complaints and rejections etc.
- To coordinate pesticide residue and microbiological sampling program.
- Managing the hygiene and cleaning function within the Business in order to ensure hygiene standards across the site are maintained and overview the cleaning teams (staffing, training, performance).
- Manage internal and external calibration of measuring equipment and ensure availability of required testing equipment.
- Manage and overview pest control across the Site and monitor compliance documentation is up to date with pest control provider, day to day communication with the contractor as and when required.
- Maintenance of Internal Audit Schedule and assisting Technical Manager with HACCP.
- Provide cover during Technical Manager absence or cover QC team members.
- Collect and manage due diligence information from and for suppliers, growers and marketing companies.
- To monitor performance and efficiency of Aqualution system.
- To coordinate and run trials, gather data and present results to Technical Manager and the Company.
- Ensuring Health & Safety, food safety and hygiene standards are maintained and adhered to.
- This is not an exhaustive list and will change with business growth, changes, requiring flexibility to support business goals and any other reasonable requests deemed necessary for the needs of the business.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) :
- Audit performance, internal and external.
- Liaison with other colleagues and departments, interaction and confidence with customers and auditors.
- Ability to conduct full traceability, to gather all due diligence paperwork within the specified time limits.
- Rejection/Complaint response time within 24 Hours, providing weekly customer care summary data and observations.
- Completion of previous week rejection tracking by end of each Tuesday, circulation of service level reports first week of each month.
- Document Control system across the Business including managing electronic document authenticity within the Company.
- Ensuring the most up to date documents are in use / displayed, coordinating archive and filing.
- Scheduled sampling takes place on monthly basis planned as per testing schedule. Residues/pathogens found checked against limits/customer lists and appropriate actions taken. Trend analysis communicated to Technical Manager.
- Calibration audit performance including maintaining an up to date Equipment list, organizing calibration in a timely manner and maintaining calibration records.
- Measure and manage Aqualution system, monitor chlorine levels and the performance of the Aqualution system.
- Timely completion of audits as per internal Audit Schedule, agreeing corrective action and follow up / sign off non-conformances.
- Assist with review and update of HACCP Study.
- Approved supplier, grower and customer / marketing desk due diligence documentation gathering and completion as well as monitoring approved supplier / grower compliance documentation is up to date and on file.
- Regular review of pest control provider performance and provided reports. Follow up and sign off any non-conformances raised, ensure compliance and due diligence documentation is up to date.
- General hygiene standards across Site are maintained based on cleaning schedules and logs, internal Hygiene and GMP Audit performance.
- Managing Cleaning team staffing – rotas, holidays, task allocations and performance.
- Accuracy, eye on a detail
- · Excellent communication and listening skills
- · Excellent organizational and time management skills
- · Enthusiasm, self-confidence and self-motivation
- · Dynamic and goal orientated
- · Ability to analyse the data / situation
- · Responsible, able to take ownership
- · Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- · Ability to use initiative and be pro-active
- · Flexible approach to tasks undertaken
Skills, Capabilities and Experience Required
- Previous experience working within a similar role within the food industry
- Food Safety Awareness
- Management skills and experience
- Understanding of general legal and customer requirements / standards within food production
- Good computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, Outlook)
- Analytical and strategical thinking
- Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise workloads and juggle competing demands
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team player within the whole business
- Problem solving
- Food Safety Training certificate (Desirable)
- HACCP awareness (Desirable)
- Auditing certificate (Desirable)
This could be your incredible chance to start a long career within the Industry… Send over a CV to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or call Frank or Georgina on 07734 861 080 / 01273 720 599 to discuss this opportunity.
|Salary||£13 per / hour|