Our client has a thriving business, Importing, growing, packing and distributing a full range of Fruit, Salads, Vegetables and exotics.
Their main site is in Kent with further operations in Spain, with Global import capacity this enables a full year portfolio of products to cover their Retail, Wholesale and Food Service customers.
They are looking for a Fresh Produce Technical professional to join their team!
Position: Technical Manager
- Contribute and lead group requirements appertaining to product safety, quality, and legality.
- Take specific sole technical responsibility for defined customers and products:
- Deputize for the Senior Technical Manager for Soft Fruit as required and support on any requests
- Preparing supplier and product reviews/presentations.
- Creating and updating packed at source guides
- Updating Specifications and punnet guides and ensuring appropriate suppliers have copies of these
- Manage complaint reporting for the category, collating data, and creating reports which meet customer requirements.
- Create an ongoing dialogue with all suppliers and the commercial team to ensure that you are aware of the current supply and potential issues and communicate these as appropriate to the commercial team and customer.
- Manage the Quality improvement plan for each product area that you are responsible for that ties the development plan of the business to the strategic aims of the customer. This live document should be used to communicate to the customer and business our continuous improvement as appropriate.
- Successfully identify technical projects to introduce new innovation to the business. This will include new varietal development that betters quality and consistency of product and availability, packaging development, new technology and SEEL concerns (sustainable, ethical, environmentally responsible, and local).
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Packaging teams to deliver the best new and existing product development through commercially sound reasoning. Use technical and market knowledge to delight the customer and inspire effort and investment from suppliers / growers.
- Ensure that all aspects of product quality, where customer specifications are being compromised, are effectively communicated to the Directors of the business on a timely basis. Providing recommendations as to the action required.
- Ensure that customer complaints are trended, and action plans made for improvement.
- Ensure an ongoing dialogue with suppliers and commercial team to ensure their awareness of the current supply and potential issues and communicate these as appropriate to the commercial team and customer. Have regular and ongoing dialogue with suppliers.
- Ensure that all product is used effectively and efficiently to optimise profit for the business.
- Take responsibility for managing the preparation of product for benchmarking and ad hoc sample requests.
- Carry out trial work as required.
- Ensure that the technical next steps from visits and contact reports are completed.
- Communicate to suppliers, the technical and commercial teams end of season reviews documenting overall quality, improvements required, ranking and next steps.
- Complete the weekly trackers for the customers and any other technical documents as required in a timely manner.
- Ensure that suppliers have copies of the specifications (or quick specs) for the products you are responsible for.
- Work to support the implementation and continual development of Business Objectives.
Managing people and liaising with different levels within a company
HACCP Level 3 minimum.
Food Safety level 3 minimum.
- Ensuring sufficient resource is in place to deliver the QC function and its workloads
- Ensure QC team is trained in relevant processes and procedures
- Deliver product knowledge training
- Responsibility for QC team processes – that they are being adhered to, being delivered and that they work successfully. Monitoring and resolving issues.
- Working with the compliance manager to ensure the required supplier DD is in place.
- Assisting Compliance manager in HACCP Management
- Assisting compliance manager in document review and document control
- Development of all processes, procedures and documents alongside Compliance Manager and Department Managers.
- Training teams in processes and procedures
- Managing training process with teams.
- Customer reviews
Out of scope
- Red Tractor
- Delivering training to teams (Except QC)
- Red tractor training
- Health and safety
The office is based in Kent but working from home is a option!
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Quality Manager, Technical, Technical Manager, Technical Positions|