A leading grower in Kent are looking for a Technical Manager to join their Quality and compliance team. The successful candidate would have a background in Fresh Produce with developed customer facing skills..
A experienced Technical Manager with passion for Fresh produce is what we are looking for!
Our client is looking for a more than competent Technical Manager who can work independently and understand and fulfill the Company’s Technical requirements. The Technical Manager will be focussed and driven on achieving excellence in all aspects of this role with an ability to introduce a sustainable culture of Continuous Improvement.
The Technical Manager will
- Ensure processes are in place to continually pack to agreed standards and customer specifications
- Responsible for all audits including maintaining the sites BRC certification
- Managing the Technical & Quality Standards
- Manage the prerequisite’s – HACCP, Internal Audits and Supplier Approval
- Manage and motivate a small team
- To design, communicate and implement technical policies, procedures and documentation
- Manage the compliance and development of the Quality Management System
- Ensure validity of product specifications
- Ensure compliance with labeling
- Manage the technical account for customers as required.
- To be part of the Technical Department team and provide support to the companies growers in QA management and product quality compliance.
- Undertake pre and in-season audits to ensure compliance with current standards and requirements for supply to multiple retailers.
- Ensure that customer technical requirements are communicated to sites as required.
- Ensure compliance of fruit quality standards during the main UK production season to each customer’s specification.
- Ensure continued QA systems compliance during the main UK production season through regular inspection and audits.
- To innovate, drive and help adoption of new ideas.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a fresh produce technical role, ideally with a related degree. Ability to communicate at all levels and build excellent working relationships internally and outside of the business with customers and suppliers. An ideas person, but with a collaborative and inclusive approach to working with others.
Whilst the role will focus on product quality through our client’s storage and packing facility supplying major UK retailers as well as product for export, the role will liaise and work with suppliers, including our in teams to ensure best practice through the supply chain.
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the Fresh Produce industry
- Experience in a Customer Facing Technical role at a senior level (With a UK Retailer)
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Enthusiasm and pro-active approach.
- HACCP, auditing and food safety qualification would be advantageous.
- Experience of dealing with retailers is a must have.
- Full UK driving license
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Very good organisational skills
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
Please contact Frank or Georgina to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720599. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
|Job Category||Technical, Technical Account Manager|