Job Title Transport / Logistics Manager
Reports to General Manager
The business is growing at an incredible rate in all three distribution arms of the business and their longer term strategy is firmly on target. They now need an experienced and talented Transport / Logistics Manager with a strong commercial inclination. This person will currently be working in a similar position and be expected to fully understand the financial impact of their decisions (eg Rates), analyse data, manage budgets, bottom line conscious, agile and innovative thinker, strong management style, a disciple of Continuous Improvement, motivator who can develop teams, all this alongside the normal functions of a Transport Manager.
Overall this is an exciting opportunity for a career minded individual who enjoys the challenge of working in a fast pace environment.
- Reporting to the General Manager.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operational leadership team, communicating planned requirements providing information on performance.
- Ensure that a best in class safety performance is delivered through a behavioural based safety culture.
- Build and implement an effective employee engagement strategy, resulting in a highly engaged and motivated workforce.
- To ensure the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPIs.
- To ensure the department provides a quality first class service to each customer.
- To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the operator’s license.
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with legislation and company tachograph policy were applicable and the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act;
- Ensuring financial performance is within budget.
- Develop a talented team and create robust succession plans for current and future key roles
- To participate in commercial reviews with the Senior Management Team, Company Finance teams.
- Proven experience of working within a fast pace logistics environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to operate at multiple levels and establish effective communication channels in both customer organisations and internal.
- Robust influencing and negotiation skills – proven to deliver successful change in complex customer operational environments.
- Experienced in developing and deepening customer relationships, resulting in improved commercial performance and growth delivery.
- You will be inquisitive, innovative and deliver an exceptional service to the customer. Excellent commercial acumen – understand the dynamics of both open/ closed book operations
- Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues.
- The business operates 24/7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
- A CPC holder. (National & International)
- Own Transport owing to location.
Please contact Georgina or Frank on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
|Job Category||Operations, Operations Manager, Transport, Transport Manager|