JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Warehouse Area Controller
A well known Fresh Produce company have opened a exciting new role for a Warehouse Area Controller to join their busy Warehouse in Kent as a key member of their team!
Lead and manage the shift teams within the warehouse and transport operations to ensure the effective delivery of customer expectations.
Working pro-actively with the Supply Chain and Production teams as well as other key stakeholder groups to achieve core business activity throughout the year.
Developing the teams to consistently improve business and individual performance; aligning activities, capability and behaviors with business goals.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Ensure the safe, effective and efficient operation of warehousing and transport activity at all South East locations to meet or exceed business performance targets in line with departmental budgets.
- Reduce accidents and safety issues by driving a culture of safety first.
- Recruit, retain and develop a balanced, competent, capable and motivated team, recognized throughout the organisation for its expertise and value to the business. Perform regular performance appraisal activity.
- Plan and organize working schedules/arrangements to ensure volume requirements are met and dispatched on time and in full, to customer quality specification and to budget. To ensure key performance indicators are maintained and/or exceeded.
- Plan, implement and maintain a systematic approach in maximizing efficiency; includes calculating, monitoring and documenting relevant information, monitoring and controlling all day to day activity to ensure customer orders are accurately completed and distributed on time, taking corrective action where needed.
- Maintain agreed methods of information capture (KPI, LSW, H&S checks, temperature monitoring) at all times.
- Responsible for regularly updating self and team on regulatory requirements (e.g
- H&S, BRC, ETI) and then ensuring all requirements are complied with.
- Employ lean principals across all levels of the operation. To embrace and correctly implement change, to innovate and redefine standards. Identify and prioritize improvement projects and activities, based on best ROI for efficiency and effectiveness. Participate in cross-functional business improvement projects providing contributions of value.
- Promote a positive culture, demonstrating respect, professionalism and a `can do` attitude at all times. To engage the teams with driving continuous improvement in performance.
- Comply with all relevant Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to Health, Safety & Wellbeing Policy, Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Dignity at Work Policy and Hygiene Policy.
Key performance indicators:
- Production – Truck Downtime / Scanning Errors
- General – Safety Order Fulfilment
Overall Productivity (ppmh)
Audit evaluation of Transport & Warehouse operations
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Experience of building and leading a team that strives for continual improvement in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to operate effectively both internally and externally at multiple levels of an organisation.
- Exhibits positive behaviours and professionalism at all times, even in difficult situations or when executing unpopular/tough decisions.
- Able to hold others accountable whilst maintaining positive relationships.
- Proven ability to plan resources, time, budgets and responsibilities according to results requirement whilst taking the bigger picture into consideration.
- Able to align the business agenda with team/individual activities through effective delegation.
- Good IT skills – utilising Microsoft Office packages effectively.
- Proactive approach to balancing business and customer needs.
- Uses analytical skills and data to drive improvement priorities.
- Experience of working with SAP system
- Understanding of BRC, ETI requirements.
- Fresh Produce Industry experience
- 2-3 years as a Area Controller / Warehouse Manager or similar.
- Management / Leadership training
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt or experience in continuous improvement projects
- All warehouse staff
- Transport staff
Dotted line reports / key stakeholders:
Technical / Commercial / Operational Teams / HR
Reports to: Head of Warehouse & Transport
Please contact Frank Kinsella on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F91