The UK Cherry season is nearly upon us and it looks like a great crop!
Our client is one of the leading growers and importers of Cherries in the UK and they have asked us to find a number of Key workers to join their business in a interim role for 8 weeks: Late June to mid-August.
They are looking for an experienced YARD MANAGER to organise and control all movements of Pallets ( of cherry) and Lorries (incoming and outgoing) at their site in Sittingbourne. This will include movements to and from the Washer, Grader, Goods in / out, picking and despatch. You will also manage a team of Fork lift drivers (3 / 4).
Location : Sittingbourne, Kent
Salary (8 Weeks) £800 pwk.
- To supervise Loading / Un-Loading of all vehicles on site
- Manage a team of fork lift drivers to ensure efficient running of the operation 7 days a week.
- Manage the Fruit Hydro-cooling system.
- Maintain the Cold storage of fruit and organise space in the cold stores.
- Collaborate with the Operational team to minimise Down time and waiting time.
- Check arrival (goods-in) quantity and book onto system.
- Ensure Quality team are aware of arrivals / arrival programme.
- Record number of trays on site and order pallets for operation.
Please send a CV if you have the experienced required for this position. Experience working in a similar Industry (Fruit or Food) would be highly advantageous.
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||Yard Manager|
|Salary||£800 /per week|