Our client is a successful retailer with a considerable footprint in the Hong Kong. Through internal promotion they now have a fabulous opportunity to join as the General Manager – Logistics…. This is a senior position for someone with considerable experience in General Management.
Responsible for all the Supply Chain and Logistic Operations and Projects for warehouse, transport, replenishment, export and systems.
Responsible for the overall sourcing activities, finance operations and human resources Office.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Write process and procedure for any points related to the operations or office activities with review and approved by the different Departments as Legal, Finance, HR and Merchandise.
- Maintain the summary and detail implementation planning and action list of the projects.
- Ensure that regular follow-up is done on projects and share periodically to persons involved including management.
- Secure the proper documentation for all projects implemented (business study, PAR, Procedures, training, timeline, budget follow-up,…)
- Guarantee that projects implemented respect the company security, audit and safety policies.
- Ensure appropriate KPI are used to track the performance of the projects before, during and after the project implementation.
- Managing the Office Team.
- Recruitment, employment agreement, all in all, by complying with local laws and company Retail policies.
- Responsible for the Performance Management of the team
- Responsible for the overall sourcing strategy.
- Detect and anticipate any new potential product/country opportunity for Middle East Market.
- Support International Private Label Team on OEM development.
- Develop with Int. Legal support and approval new merchandise agreements.
- Responsible of the logistics project for specific or cross functional departments (transport, operation, replenishment, import/export, digital).
- Propose and implement projects to increase the capacity of the logistics to treat more volumes, more orders.
- Lead the deployment of continuous improvements actions, lean and 5S methods in all logistics physical, systems, informational activities.
- Developing SLA’s and KPI’s which will aid in contract management and monitoring.
- Responsible of KPI activity.
- Review, update and budget the P&L Office.
- Follow up and report all Operational cost related to the Office complying with local rules and company Finance policies.
- Negotiation skills
- Verbal and writing communication skills
- Proven deep expertise on retail logistics operations, systems and financials flows.
- Proven deep expertise on warehouse management system best practices knowledge.
- Experience on Export (From Asia) /Import, replenishment, transport and sourcing flows from China.
- Project management skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Personal Characteristics and Required Background
- Master Diploma in Supply Chain or Logistics from University or Engineering school
- Min 10 years professional experience
- Logistics operations for Retail Stores within a Logistics Provider or a major Retailer
- English (Full professional proficiency – Required)
Please contact Frank Kinsella on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.