A successful retailer with a considerable footprint in the Hong Kong now have a fabulous opportunity to join as the Head of Supply Chain and Logistics…
Responsible for all the Supply Chain and Logistic Operations and Projects for warehouse, transport, replenishment, export and systems
- Maintain the summary and detail implementation planning and action list of the projects.
- Ensure that regular follow-up is done on projects and share periodically to persons involved including management.
- Secure the proper documentation for all projects implemented (business study, PAR, Procedures, training, timeline, budget follow-up,…)
- Guarantee that projects implemented respect the company security, audit and safety policies.
- Guarantee the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Logistics are updated following any business changes and shared to all concerned parties.
- Ensure appropriate KPI are used to track the performance of the projects before, during and after the project implementation.
- Guarantee that projects are delivered on-time as per agreed plan.
- Guarantee that projects are implemented without negative impact to the business.
- Guarantee the confidentiality of Logistics projects whenever required including company data.
- Keep good / fair working relations with logistics providers and suppliers.
- Inform the hierarchy of the market, rules and regulations evolutions.
- Be a role model and ensure the application of corporate policies and guarantee the implementation of all laws , regulations and cultural practices of the operating countries are followed and respected
- Practices the company values and guarantees the same is respected and followed by the department team members
- Responsible for the Performance Management of the team
- setting particular objectives for the direct reports – once a year – which are in-line with the company and department targets
- carrying out performance analysis with regular feedback to direct reports and ensuring that this is further deployed within the team
- Identify employees with high potential, growth and proposes further development
- Identify and recommend training needs for the team and follow up on the implementation (TNA)
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Promotes and practise communication and participatory management within the team;
- Responsible of the logistics project for specific or cross functional departments (transport, operation, replenishment, import/export, digital).
- Implement projects to reduce lead time to customers (store or customers) from DC, stores or suppliers.
- Propose and implement projects to increase productivity, performance and effectiveness of the operations to reduce distribution costs.
- Propose and implement projects to increase the capacity of the logistics to treat more volumes, more orders.
- Lead the deployment of continuous improvements actions, lean and 5S methods in all logistics physical, systems, informational activities.
- Propose and implement evolutions/solutions to support the company expansion by integrating latest logistics technologies.
- Support the Merchandise and Store to provide solutions and improvements on current logistics activities.
- Participate in the exchange of experience and knowledge between the stores and the Head Office.
- Lead the yearly Supply Chain Stores Satisfaction survey
- Stay informed about the competitions logistics evolutions and informs the hierarchy.
- Contribute to the Logistics strategy implementation.
- Provide the yearly budget of Logistics projects including IT projects related to Logistics.
- Respect the finance supply chain procedures in accordance with the DOA;
- Follow and guarantee the respect of the projects costs according to the budget by taking the required measures in case of gaps.
- Propose and implements projects to reduce the waste, the admin shrinkage, the stock levels or increase the logistics rebates.
- Benchmark logistics solutions (cost, expertise, functionalities, …) and propose alternative to Management with the conduct of tenders.
- Report any information that might affect the results of the company (cost, margin, stock,…)
- Verbal and writing communication skills for the change management of projects.
- Proven deep expertise on retail logistics operations, systems and financials flows.
- Proven deep expertise on warehouse management system best practices knowledge.
- Experience on Export (From Asia) /Import, replenishment, transport and sourcing flows from China
- Project management skills with MS Project know-how
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- Master Diploma in Supply Chain or Logistics from University or Engineer school
- Min 10 years professional experience
- Logistics operations for Retail Stores Hyper/Super within a Logistics Provider or a Retailer
- English (Full professional proficiency – Required)
Please contact Frank Kinsella on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.