What an exciting opportunity …… We are looking for a experienced Fresh Produce Procurement professional to join a international Fresh Produce company as their Head of Procurement / Sourcing! This role is based in Poland and it is a brilliant chance to be a part of a major company in a senior Procurement position… You will be joining one of Poland’s most respected F&V businesses who enjoy a considerable industry advantage in that they are part of a very influential global group .
It would be expected you have at least 5 years senior level experience within the Fresh Poland industry. Fluent in Polish and another European language you will be well acquainted with Poland’s Fresh Produce markets
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Develop new suppliers and regions to help fulfil the companies retail and non retail demands for F&V
A product specialist that can both procure and sell fruit to other regions
Liaison with overseas suppliers on volumes, prices, and agree supply programmes.
Monitoring supply from growers on a daily basis
Liaison with the F&V Technical,Quality, Sourcing and Sales teams on supply vs customer requirements
Oversee import transport logistics and potential exports and maintaining supply programmes
Ensure your team are handling the financial,quality, compliance and reporting procedures to suppliers efficiently.
We are looking for someone with the following experience:-
- 5 years Procurement / Sourcing experience within the Fresh Produce Industry
- Must be a manager (or similar) in your current role
- University degree or equal through experience.
- Essential that you have current knowledge of the Polish Fresh Produce retail and non retail market
- Fluent in Polish. knowledge of any other European language is an asset
- You would have a proven track record in Sales and Global Sourcing (Fresh Produce)
- Acting on your own initiative and the ability to influence senior management team and key stakeholders the value and logic of business proposals.
- Resilience under pressure, adapting quickly to deliver commercial results
- Willingness to travel across Poland and overseas where required
- Experience working on company strategy
- Excellent communication skills
- Result orientated
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid business partnerships
- Very good leadership and people management skills
- Analytical and problem solving expertise
- Competency: high level of: customer oriented, business oriented, people oriented; self motivation, high level of managerial skills, sales skills, analytical mind
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company