Our client are a Fresh Produce operation in the UK – They are currently looking for a Agronomy Support Technician to join their Agronomy team! Ideally you would be be based in the Staffordshire area…. This role is Remote/Home Based.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Your primary role, which you will spend the majority of your time doing, will be to monitor for a range of invertebrate pests on the company’s grower’s farms using pheromone trapping (Spotted Wing Drosophila, Blackberry Leaf Curling Midge, Light Brown Apple Moth, etc.) and sampling (Flower Thrips, Spidermites, Tarsonemid Mites, etc.) methods to provide valuable information to our growers and agronomists.
The rest of your time will be allocated to other key work streams involving; disease monitoring programmes, crop physiology sampling and crop progression monitoring activities.
This is a great job for those looking to seek experience and develop a career in commercial horticulture.
- Placing monitoring traps on grower farms and servicing these traps at agreed intervals
- Identifying, recording and reporting trap catches
- Carrying out sampling work for a range of invertebrate pests
- Carrying out sampling work for our developing disease monitoring programme
- Carrying out sampling and monitoring work for our crop development and physiology programme
- Reporting findings to appointed personnel and growers in a time sensitive manner
- Ensuring that all the necessary materials are available, and carried as stock in order to complete these tasks
- Undertake trials and development tasks as required
You will have;
- A strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- An interest in biology and the ability to quickly learn pest identification and lifecycles following appropriate training
- Excellent attention to detail
- A hands on approach to monitoring and a reasonable level of physical fitness
- A capacity for working alone, under your own initiative and at remote locations
- Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate, and develop relationships with a wide range of personnel
- A proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required, especially during the height of the season!
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
- A full driving licence and confidence with distance driving to reach some farms
The contract will run from 4th March and finish Friday 1st November.
Please contact Georgina or Frank on 01273 720 599 / 07734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.