Our client is one of the World’s largest Fresh Produce Groups. They have sourcing networks for fruit and vegetables in every major producing country. Internationally they serve fresh produce to 19 out of 20 of the top food retailers. In Europe alone they operate over 500 dedicated ripening rooms. This is a rare opportunity to join the best! They are looking for a Commercial Director for their operation in Poland
They have built themselves into one of the largest global sourcing networks for fresh fruit and vegetables. This enables them to source high-quality products year-round, either from within their own global group of companies, through key sourcing offices or from preferred strategic production partners in every major producing country.
The role has first line responsibility and accountability for the profitability of the Sales business. Through providing effective leadership and management, the commercial director will maximise current business whilst seeking to identify, secure and develop additional opportunities with current and new customers in the retail sector and outside.
Our client are looking for a Commercial Director who will be responsible for all trade part of the company. This will be involvement in sales, sourcing, export, operations (packaging area), transport.
- Be responsible and fully accountable for the P&L account with EU customers
- Develop and manage existing & new retail and non -retail customer accounts by ensuring appropriate strategies and tactics are in place to meet company objectives
- Be responsible for managing a team of 20 people.
- Develop a source & supplier strategy by ensuring the appropriate tactics are in place to meet company objectives
- Provide clear and inspirational leadership to the Procurement, Sales, Export, Operations, transport and Technical team in Poland
- Organise and delegate roles and activities so that the team functions in a controlled and coherent way
- Ensure all activities meet or exceed established safety, quality, customer service and cost standards
- Gathering and communicate market data and trends, good knowledge of the Polish Fresh Produce Market
- Manage a procurement, sales and technical team to maximize staff performance
- Contribute to wider company issue discussions with the Senior Management team
- Support the development of an office culture that fits company values and aspirations
- Actively pursue cost savings
- The Commercial Director will be a person responsible for strategy for the company but also “daily business”
QUALIFICATIONS , EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University degree or equal through experience.
- Previous experience of Commercial Management or Procurement from the Fresh Produce Industry – Min. 5 years of experience in a similar function within the fruit / fresh produce business
- Essential that you have current knowledge of the Polish Fresh Produce retail market
- Fluent in Polish. knowledge of any other European language is an asset
- You would have a proven track record in Sales and Sourcing (Fresh Produce)
- Having a solid network within the Fresh Produce Industry and a proven experience on key account management with major retail customers in EU.
- Examples of negotiation and delivery of cost savings combined with a strong and logical commercial problem solving abilities.
- Acting on your own initiative and the ability to influence senior management team and key stakeholders the value and logic of business proposals.
- Resilience under pressure, adapting quickly to deliver commercial results
- Willingness to travel across Poland and overseas where required
- Experience working on company strategy
- Excellent communication skills
- Result orientated
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid business partnerships
- Very good leadership and people management skills
- Analytical and problem solving expertise
- Competency: high level of: customer oriented, business oriented, people oriented; self motivation, high level of managerial skills, sales skills, analytical mind
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company