A highly successful international Fresh produce company based in South Africa are keen to develop their Commercial and Sales team with a ambitious and talented Commercial Manager.
The Commercial Manager will be involved in the company’s Marking programmer and you would be managing export and local teams – Account Managers, etc. The Commercial Manager would have strong involvement in managing the pricing strategy, and communication of pricing with all customers (abroad and local), communication with growers and ensure that the software platform grows with the business and supports an efficient flow of information between packhouses, ports, and the market. The Commercial Manager will manage existing customers as well as develop new business and develop and excellent customer relationships.
The Commercial Manager will have the following skills and experience:-
- + Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Manager within the Fruit Export Environment
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, i.e. able to do Pivot tables, V-lookup, etc.
- Knowledge of the fresh fruit production/marketing industry
- Knowledge of the Middle and Far Eastern markets customer base would be advantageous
- Fruit software platforms such as Palbroker / QX working within an ERP system
- Be in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Creative and innovative thinking abilities
- Good problem solving skills
- Be accurate and methodical, attention to detail
- Managing and motivating staff to be successful
- Very strong communication skills
Qualifications / Experience
- BSc Agric or BCom International Trade
- MBA Advantageous
- Strong independent person who needs little supervision
- Be deadline and results driven
- Be able to work under pressure
- Be a good team player
Please contact Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 / +(0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.