Our client is a long established and well respected fresh produce company. They have a large and incredibly successful operation, serving a range of retail and non retail customers. This is fantastic opportunity for a ambitious Commercial Manager to join their thriving team in East Anglia…. Get in touch for more information!
Purpose of the Job
The Commercial Manager will be a key point of contact between the company and customers, selling existing products and introducing new ones. Increasing sales to existing customers and developing new customers and sales channels. Assist in the development of new products / formats. Proactively manage key accounts to maximise revenues.
- Achieving sales and margin budgets.
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Build pricing & marketing strategies to gain competitive advantage and deliver new business sales and margin result.
- Networking and working with procurement colleagues / suppliers and key contacts to establish needs.
- Prepare and distribute information from the company to clients.
- Respond to client communications or queries and resolve any client issues.
- Provide excellent quality control of processes and procedures.
- Represent business on Trade Shows and Events where applicable.
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these.
Key Elements of the Job
- Relevant Wholesale, Food Service & Retail experience.
- Relevant knowledge, and sales experience of Fresh Produce, ideally Vegetables
- Procurement and negotiation experience, with tenacious can-do attitude to selling.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal to build a rapport/relationship with customers.
- Determined, focused and dedicated approach with a hard-working attitude.
- Strong customer service and delivery focus.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent I.T skills Including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company