This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to join a successful Fresh Produce Group in South Africa … Our client is looking for a Chief Production Officer to join their team in Tzanzeen, Limpopo.
The Chief Production/Operations Officer will be responsible to manage all the group operations to optimize the production, sustainability and profitability of the group. The company is a Southern African group with agricultural operations in the Limpopo, as well as an export company based throughout South Africa. The group specializes in the production of agricultural products including citrus and banana production.
The CPO job requires 8 to 15 years of hands on citrus production and agricultural project management experience.
The Group is looking for a business partner and wants a candidate who can be part of the strategic executive team.
The CPO is to provide strong implementation and execution production guidance. This position reports to the MD of the Group and provides oversight and leadership.
The ideal candidate will be able to make sound business decisions as they relate to the balance sheet and the profit & loss statements. The successful candidate must be an intelligent, quick learner, who is mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to the Senior Management Team.
Demonstrated excellence in agricultural production, managing finance, budgeting, control and reporting
Key Performance Areas
- Manage Operations
- Provide leadership to GM’s
- Problem solving on estates and other agricultural initiatives
- Manage budget formulation and monitoring
- Participate in strategy formulation for operations
- Maintain relationships with all stakeholders
- Strategic Initiatives
- Identify opportunities
- Evaluate opportunities
- Negotiate business transactions
- Implement new developments
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Tertiary qualification – Agronomy, B.Sc. Agriculture and/or Agricultural Economics
- MBA will be advantageous
- At least 10 years’ experience in senior/executive multidisciplinary management positions.
- Seasoned managerial and leadership skills.
- Experience in decision making in a production environment.
- Proven track record in agriculture in a competitive context.
- At least 10 years of senior management experience.
Chief production officer: R 1 500 000 – R 2 000 000 pa CTC that includes profit share structure
Please contact Georgina or Frank on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 / +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.