A leading Fresh Produce Grower are looking for a experienced QA Manager to join their team in Kent… . They specialise in Soft Fruit, so it would be ideal that the successful candidate has experience in Fresh Produce, ideally Berries.
They are looking for a QA Manager who has a background in Food / Fresh Produce…Someone who is ambitious and hard working and is looking for their next career step within the Fresh Produce Industry….!
As the QA Manager, you would report into the Packhouse Manager.
Overall Job Purpose
Assess customer requirements and ensure that these are met, through proactive team engagement and management the QA function, monitoring of product intake quality and influencing the operations team provide effective quality assurance management and monitoring processes to assist the packhouse manager in ensuring all produce despatched meets individual customer specifications and overall quality and compliance requirements.
- Product Quality Characteristics – ensure sufficient and effective monitoring systems are in place so that all products packaged and dispatched meet customer specifications. Support the Packhouse Manager in preparing samples for customer and internal benchmarking.
- QA – Effective management of the QA function enabling team KPI’s to be met. Regular individual (121) and team meetings to drive forward efficiencies and better ways of working.
- Liaison Field Operations – ensure effective and regular communication with Operations supervisors / manager on matters concerning the quality of the product intake. A regular visitor to the fields – the role requires a full understanding of crop production and challenges.
- Improvement of Quality Management Systems – design and implement appropriate procedures, processes, scheduled monitoring and auditing activities to ensure the company’s compliance system is market leading.
- Customer Responsibility Research and complete relevant customer quality trackers using concise accurate information. Lead on announced and unannounced customer QA visits
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Continuous Improvement – Reduction of customer rejections and customer complaints (where appropriate)
- Assist in maintain or improve current third party audit grades
- Customer trackers completed in time, accurately and in full.
- All relevant business information is communicated by right channels.
- Must have experience in a similar role with Quality Assurance, in a similar Industry (Fresh Produce / Food )
- Food Safety/HACCP Qualification
- Auditing (BRC course)
- Understanding of specifications/quality requirements
- QMS requirements
- People Management
- Knowledge of TPPS/BRC standards
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
- Communication – ensures that people both in the QA team and outside the team get to know what they need to know, when they need to know it using the appropriate manner. Encourages two way communications (up and down). Encourages and acts on meaningful feedback.
- People Management – able to provide effective leadership and direction. Creates shared vision and clarity of purpose. Engenders team spirit and sets SMART objectives. Gains and shows respect. Provides support and able to coach and develop team members. Able to motivate to secure high levels of energy and engagement.
- Field Relationship Management – develops productive relationships with internal team colleagues. Gains respect and trust among the supply base. Builds brand reputation through consistency of approach, knowledge and behaviour.
- Communicate confidently and effectively at all levels in the organisation.
Due to the nature of the job and working environment, it’s an occupational requirement that the successful applicant: 1. Is not allergic to fruit 2. Is able to taste fruit 3. Is not colour blind 4. Is willing and able to travel within the UK 5. Holds full EU driving license
Please contact Georgina or Frank on 01273 720 599 / 07734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.