Our client is a long established and well respected Fresh Produce Importer, Packer and Distributor. Their main customers are the UK Supermarkets, with this in mind our client wants to reinforce their technical team with a Technical Account Manager who is prepared to use their experience in dealing with Retailers to drive the technical input and relations forward.
Your career as a Technical Manager must have a proven track record in Customer Facing with major retailers , with a focus on customer interaction
The Technical Account Manager must have excellent Fresh Produce experience
- To manage the technical account for customers as required
- Build strong and proactive relationships with retail customers.
- Accompany retail customer personnel on grower / packhouse visits
- To be part of the Technical Department team and provide support to our cleints’s growers in QA management and product quality compliance
- Management of the technical KPI reports.
- Undertake pre and in-season packhouse audits to ensure compliance with current standards and requirements for supply to multiple retailers
- Ensure that customer technical requirements are communicated to sites as required
- Ensure compliance of fruit quality standards during the main UK production season to each customer’s specification
- Ensure continued QA systems compliance during the main UK production season through regular inspection and audits
- To innovate, drive and help adoption of new ideas.
- Liaise with the sales team providing accurate local information about crop stages and volumes
- Experience in a Customer Facing Technical role at a senior level (With a UK Retailer)
- An understanding of due diligence required for retail customers.
- Understanding and experience of BRC packhouse systems and compliance (Ideally)
- Enthusiasm and pro-active approach.
- You will be an experienced Technical Manager, and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a fresh produce or food technical role.
- HACCP, auditing and food safety qualification would be advantageous.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of dealing with retailers is a must have.
- Full UK driving license
Please contact Frank or Georgina to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720599. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.