A leading Fresh Produce company in Kent are looking for a Technical Account Manager to join the Technical team. The successful Technical Account Manager would have a Technical Management background in the Fresh Produce or similar Industry and would have current experience in a customer facing role with the UK retailer sector.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
To control quality and to provide due diligence and innovations to customers and to support growers from a quality, technical and innovation point of view.
- To manage the technical account for customers as required.
- Accompany retail customer personel on grower / packhouse visits.
- To be part of the Technical Department team and provide support to the companies growers in QA management and product quality compliance.
- Undertake pre and in-season packhouse audits to ensure compliance with current standards and requirements for supply to multiple retailers.
- Ensure that customer technical requirements are communicated to sites as required.
- Ensure compliance of fruit quality standards during the main UK production season to each customer’s specification.
- Ensure continued QA systems compliance during the main UK production season through regular inspection and audits.
- To innovate, drive and help adoption of new ideas.
- Assist the grower or office in the event of product problems as appropriate.
- Liaise with the sales team providing accurate local information about crop stages and volumes.
- Participate in training courses for growers and their staff during the off season.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Very good organisational skills
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company