Job Title: Commercial Manager
Responsible to: Head of Retail
Our client is a incredibly respected international fresh produce company and they are looking for a Commercial Manager with very strong Account Management and business skills. They will support the Company’s Head of Retail in all aspects of the day to day responsibilities. They will learn and adapt as required.
The successful applicant will be required to focus their time with key accounts, so there will be significant communication with our clients customers.
You would be from the Fresh Produce Industry and would have a proven track record working with UK Retailers!
Interpersonal and communication skills a must.
• Outgoing, with the ability to get on with people from customer to supplier level
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to navigate a number of our retail systems effectively
• Excel skills – Intermediate or above to include demonstrable proficiency in:
Analysis of large data sets
• Strong negotiation skills
• Well organised with the ability to react to change quickly
• Ability to anticipate potential problems
• Reliable and flexible attitude
• Understanding of Category Management principles.
• To manage a selection of our highly valued retail customer accounts
• To ensure all day to day activities are carried out in the manner required
• To ensure growth in accordance with the company strategy over a short, medium and long term position
• Primarily involved in the management of their exotic fruit business, but the company will actively encourage the candidate to seek new and exciting opportunities which fit well within our clients remit of products
• To travel regularly (Twice per month) to other production sites in UK
• Manage profitability and all financial KPI’s effectively
• Be available for overseas travel with the customer when required
• Be willing to adapt regularly to the ever changing retail environment
• Forecasting and close liaison with key members of the team for accurate and timely
Summary of Key Tasks
• Stock management
• Regular liaison with a selection of major multiples – across all teams
• Close working relationships with the retail team
•Close working with H.O.R to learn and adapt to all processes
• Joint meetings with customers and our Retail and Procurement teams
• Reporting of information
Call Frank or Georgie on 01273 720599 to discuss the role in more detail
|Job Category||Account Manager|