Job Title – Senior Account Manager
Line Manager: Head of Sales
A major and highly respected International Fresh Produce Group are looking for a Senior Account Manager to join their team in The Netherlands. The Senior Account Manager will manage all customer liaison and communication to ensure best in class account management in keeping with the goals of the business and our clients target to be the Best Produce Business in The World. Through the formulation and implementation of strategic growth plans, the Senior Account Manager will help deliver business growth to meet targets of the Group.
This role will attract …
Senior Account Managers, Sales Managers and Business Development Managers from all industry (FMCG) sectors not just from Fresh Produce.
Our client understands the right person to join the Group may be from a non- Fresh Produce background, this position is open to a skilled Sales individuals with either a Fresh Produce or FMCG and EU Retail experience.
- Set strategic growth plans with the Head of Sales (Europe) to meet the Group revenue targets
- Ensure the agreed Group Targets are kept in mind in all areas of day to day business to maintain personal and team goals to achieve these targets as measured as part of the Weekly meetings
- Work closely with the Procurement Team to ensure that the season for all commodities is adequately planned and where appropriate customers are kept informed of all changes to the supply plan where this may impact the customer
- Feedback to the Commercial team relevant market conditions in the region to ensure that the sales strategy matches the market and that decisions are made to maximise the value in the global market
- Maintain and develop appropriate and effective communication to the customer to ensure best in class account management, which includes but is not limited to; managing claims and rejections, keeping the customer updated on market conditions and any local challenges which may affect supply, monitoring credit position and flagging well ahead of time when this may impact ability to supply
- Treat the customer as a partner and acknowledge their need for communication and information by providing excellent customer management.
- Understand their business requirements by actively listening to the customer and responding to their requests in a timely manner. From this, create specifications for strategic development and co-ordinate projects to achieve objectives
- Work in conjunction with the relevant Technical Team members to ensure all required certificates are on file which may be required by customers as a pre-requisite to supply, and proactively manage communication with the customer to ensure any changes in the supply base are covered by all certifications
- Continually identify opportunities to expand sales within the territory and communicate regularly with the Commercial Director to ensure these opportunities are assessed at a Group level
- Continually review existing brands in the market place to identify any opportunities to build the Jupiter brand portfolio across the territory or adjust packaging designs to meet local consumer demand
- Has a proven track record of working at senior level and is able to demonstrate experience and knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience managing Fresh Produce sales to European Retail customers
- Understanding of logistics in fresh produce within the Global market
- Ability to recognise and respond to changing business needs
- Excellent financial awareness and commercial acumen
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A team contributor across the company beyond own area boundaries
- Creates opportunities, overcomes obstacles and thinks outside of the box
- Adaptability to cope with the needs of a rapidly growing environment across multiple countries
- Analytical thinker capable of dealing with complexity and handling multiple tasks
- This role requires a high degree of personal motivation and resilience
- Preferred but not essential, fluency in the German language
- Administrative and computer skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office products
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company