Job ID 8236
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a few years experience or at entry level. Our client is looking for someone to join their team on the Wholesale Sales side- You will be trained in the role, but some previous knowledge of the Fresh Produce Wholesale Industry would be ideal.
Our client is a well known and a highly respected Fresh Produce supplied based in Kent. This could be a incredible chance to start a long career within the Industry.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in sales support, office admin or sales.
• Assist in supporting the Sales/ Traders in their day-to-day functions
• Assist in resolving any client issues that may arise.
• Assist in successful delivery of new business opportunities.
• Be present as support at meetings and exhibitions.
• Develop product understanding and management.
• Travel to various locations nationally and internationally as necessary.
• Correspond with suppliers and customers and respond to inquiries.
• Any other tasks as may be requested by the manager in order to meet the operational need of the business that are deemed to be within the job holder’s sphere of competence.
• Numbers – be accurate with attention to detail.
• Acts as a team player – Collaborate and support colleagues and peers across the organisation.
• Results oriented and flexible – Be adaptable, able to meet deadlines and to work with all types of individuals based locally or at our overseas branches.
• Self-motivated, commercially oriented and driven individual.
• Communication – Able to build relationships with colleagues across the organisation and provide the support required.
• Able to use own initiative.
• Flexible approach to role responsibilities and able to manage multiple expectations.
• Self-development – take charge of self-development by soliciting feedback, setting priorities and by seeking to acquire or strengthen skills and knowledge.
• Cross – culturally aware and adaptable.
Key skills and experience required
• Previous experience in a similar role in Sales / Account Management / Commercial or Trading .
• Ideally you would have similar experience within the Fresh produce, food or similar Industries
• It would be highly advantageous if you have had experience working with the Non retail / Wholesale markets in the UK
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
• Excellent time management skills and able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Fluency in other European languages is desirable but not necessary.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
• Able to travel nationally and internationally.
Please call Frank or Georgina on 07734 861 080 / 07539 315482 to discuss this opportunity. Otherwise, please send over a CV to the email address provided.