This is an exciting opportunity to lead the high performing Sales & Business development function for one of Poland’s most respected fresh produce importers, packers and distributors. They enjoy a considerable industry advantage in that they are part of a very influential global group in this industry.
Reporting to the MD you will consolidate current business and drive new business growth within Poland and other markets. It would be expected you have at least 5 years senior level experience within the Fresh Poland industry. Fluent in Polish and another European language you will be well acquainted with Poland’s Fresh Produce markets
Responsibilities include :
- Winning new clients, expand scope and penetration of sales into both Retail and Non-Retail customers.
- Create and sustain a strong presence in both Polish and other markets.
- Collaborate with Colleagues and Stakeholders on strategy and tactics, providing inputs and initiatives and have the confidence and gravitas to drive your ideas to fulfilment.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Defining target market and opportunities, creating strategies for traction and engagement.
- Creating a strategy for engaging with credible opportunities and working them into the pipeline.
- Be capable of making sales and marketing decisions at a senior level and ensure adoption at all levels.
- Attend events and continue to build the brand.
- High personal visibility both internally and with the customer base.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and relationship management skills.
- Coach and Mentor the Sales team.
- Deliver training across the sales team.
- Attend key external and internal stakeholder meetings.
We are looking for someone with the following experience:-
- 5 years sales experience within the Fresh Produce Industry
- Must be a manager (or similar) in your current role
- University degree or equal through experience.
- Essential that you have current knowledge of the Polish Fresh Produce retail market
- Fluent in Polish. knowledge of any other European language is an asset
- You would have a proven track record in Sales and Sourcing (Fresh Produce)
- Having a solid network within the Fresh Produce Industry and a proven experience on key account management with major retail customers in EU.
- Examples of negotiation and delivery of cost savings combined with a strong and logical commercial problem solving abilities.
- Acting on your own initiative and the ability to influence senior management team and key stakeholders the value and logic of business proposals.
- Resilience under pressure, adapting quickly to deliver commercial results
- Willingness to travel across Poland and overseas where required
- Experience working on company strategy
- Excellent communication skills
- Result orientated
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid business partnerships
- Very good leadership and people management skills
- Analytical and problem solving expertise
- Competency: high level of: customer oriented, business oriented, people oriented; self motivation, high level of managerial skills, sales skills, analytical mind
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company