Job title: Health & Safety Manager
Job purpose: To act as the lead competent person for health and safety ensuring the company complies with its obligations in line with current Health & Safety legislation. To develop, implement and maintain Health and Safety management systems, operating procedures and ways of working across our clients multi-sites to ensure the business complies with all current Health and Safety legislation including approved codes of practice, official guidance and standards. To work proactively with managers to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety, also promoting a culture of safe working practices across the organisation.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- To ensure the company’s Health & Safety policy is implemented consistently across the company, including all tenant areas.
- To monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health & Safety legislation and ensure that the business has systems and practice in place to meet all legal compliance requirements. Making recommendations and implementing new policies and procedures as required.
- To advise The Leadership Team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plan to ensure compliance across the organisation.
- Support all managers and departments to maintain safe systems, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support and to ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place
- Identify employee and worker training needs in relation to Health & Safety and to ensure that the training need is continually updated and addressed. Delivering training as identified and required.
- Implement and maintain health & safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) in a consistent and effective manner.
- Working with employee forums to ensure appropriate consultation, communication and ownership of health and safety across the organisation.
- Carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health & Safety systems and procedures; identify and implement improvements.
- To ensure routine health & safety activities and checks are carried out e.g. review of all site risk assessments.
- To investigate, or where appropriate, to assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence.
- Take action to mitigate the impact and likelihood of health & safety risks throughout the company (along with all tenants and contractors both internal and external) in addition to any other sites.
- Assist on all facilities improvement/construction works where required with health and safety support and advice e.g. approving planned work on site and providing floor safety management if required.
Key performance indicators:
- Loss Time Accidents
- Near miss reports
- Training completion
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Values driven and ethical leader, able to achieve high levels of business performance through people.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity, looking to innovate, effect and respond to change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; time management; self-motivation and organisation are also essential qualities.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes including Power Point, Excel and MS Word. The ability to construct professional PowerPoint presentations, MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
- Extensive high level commercial and general management experience.
- Previous senior level H&S experience in manufacturing/operational business
- NEBOSH Diploma
If you are interested, please get in touch with Frank or Georgie from FMK Consulting and we can have a chat about this position and the company …. Please contact Georgina on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.