Our client are looking for a experienced salesperson / trader with a proven track record working in the Fresh Produce Industry….
Our client is an established business who have steadily grown to become a leading name in the fresh produce industry, they have a tremendous amount of knowledge within the business and are considered experts in the fresh produce sector.You will be responsible for developing and maintaining existing client relationships within the Sales & Marketing department, whilst identifying and targeting new business opportunities particularly in the non-retail sector. To be successful in this role you will need to be a high calibre sales professional, ideally with a portfolio of customers in Wholesale Markets, Food Service, Processors, Category Managers (This is ideal, not essential). It is unlikely that you would have less than three years experience within the Fresh Produce industry and used to growing business within healthy and stable relationships. A combination of a proactive trading mentality and a strategic thinker would be essential.
You will have an eye for opportunities and jump on any chances to help grow sales and the business. You will be able to utilise your experience and relationships to help drive the business forward and help grow the top and bottom lines for the business.
The ideal candidate will have fresh produce trading experience. You will have a proven track record of delivering sales and new business in the wholesale, catering and processor markets. You will be a team player and have a good ‘can-do’ attitude
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Managing customer accounts and generating sales. Focus on understanding customer needs and building long term relationships.
• Visiting customers and supporting New Business Development activity
• Learning about customer businesses, negotiating prices, and ensuring the delivery of first class customer service.
• Manage pricing and margins according to internal targets.
• Maintain and develop existing and new customers through ethical sales methods.
• Optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
• Meet company targets for retention of growth and profitability.
• Building new Customer base
• Being a Team player essential
To be considered for this role, we are looking for someone with the following experience / knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills, excellent telephone manner, sales skills must be demonstrated throughout your past career.
- Sales / Trading experience in the Fresh Produce Industry
- Experience working with Non retail / wholesale customers from the Fresh Produce Trade.
- Ability to work independently and you would be a ‘self starter’.
Please contact Georgina or Frank on 01273 720 599 / 07734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.