FMK Consulting are looking for a Technical Compliance Coordinator to join a highly successful and thriving Fresh Produce Operation… We are looking for someone who has a strong career in a Technical role with particular focus on internal auditing, BRC and Compliance.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To coordinate and develop the Quality Management System for our client and support the Quality Management function of the Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assisting the Head of Quality and Compliance in the management and development of the Quality Management System ensuring it meets the expectations of customers and appropriate third party food standards, such as BRC, F2F,Organic & Customer Policies.
Off-site facilities in UK must also be operating at the same standards.
Food safety in production and warehousing areas of the Company’s sites is ensured through appropriate application of HACCP principles and leading the Internal auditing functions.
All Due Diligence system requirements for procurement, production and supply of safe, legal and ethical products by the Company, or its subsidiaries, are satisfied to meet UK/EU legislation.
- Requirements according to UK/EU pesticide legislation.
- Requirements described by the Food Safety Act 1990.
- Evidence of Good Agricultural Practice by suppliers.
- Evidence of Good Manufacturing Practice by suppliers.
- Evidence of Ethical Trading by suppliers.
A QA budget will be managed and costs of services to the business negotiated & agreed to ensure best value for money. Invoices monitored and recorded against the agreed budget.
Quality KPI’s for the successful application of the QMS, food safety and Due Diligence processes are to be produced at appropriate frequency and required actions taken.
The company is kept up-to-date on changes to all relevant legislation, industry practice or customer standards that may affect its activities in respect to food safety, pesticides, and hygiene.
Support the Quality Management function of the Company as required.
- Work with the FL functions to deliver category targets
- Customer complaint processing and rejection analysis and the subsequent circulation as required
- Specification management and communication, including management of customer databases as required
- Sample preparation & produce benchmark sampling as required
- Quality KPI updates as required
- Collation and management of the Due Diligence process, ensuring that suppliers are compliant with Fruit Logic and specific customer’s requirements eg Global Gap, SEDEX, BRC, Fairtrade, Organic import authorisation etc.
- Maintain supplier/grower database
- Maintain Internal Auditing schedule
- Management of residue testing schedule
- Managing QA Equipment and Calibration, internal & external
- Maintaining internal Document control
- Communication to customers, suppliers and internally
- Support Operational team project work
- Cover for other Quality roles during periods of absence/holidays
- Any other ad hoc duties
Service/Consultative relationships with:
Quality & Production Teams / Product Managers/ Champions, Operational Teams, External Production Sites plus others as appropriate.
We are looking for someone with the following experience:
- Fresh Produce / Fruit Technical knowledge would be advantageous
- A strong track record in a Technical Compliance role, focusing on Audits, BRC and compliance throughout their career.
- Strong experience with internal audits and the auditing process
- You would possess all the relevant skills such as IT Skills, Strong numeracy skills and excellent communications skills that would be required for this position
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company