This is an exciting new position with our client and would be a fantastic career step for someone with previous Business Development experience and a background in Logistics.
Our client is a storage and distribution facility for the Fresh Produce Industry in the UK. They are a leading player in the Industry and this would be an excellent opportunity to join a growing successful company.
Our client is looking for someone to join the team who is enthusiastic, ambitious and has a proven background in business development. They have a thriving business at the moment, but they would like to help grow the transport side to the company. This has great potential to grow exponentially and this is where the successful Business Development Manager would come in!
The successful candidate would be a BDM who understands the FMCG business with a proven background in logistics and transport. You would be able to grow their current profile, therefore a background in a similar role is essential.
- Developing the Transport side of the business
- Proactively prospecting potential customers
- Completing regular sales performance reports
- Participate in presentations
- Gain thorough understanding of as-is supply chain requirements through customer and existing vendor discussions
- Management of full tender process from creation through to implementation
- Identify early potential cost saving opportunities where apparent
- Creation of quotations
- Rate negotiations and benchmarking for both tactical and strategic opportunities
- Lead the change management process to ensure smooth implementation
- Support additional business growth
Overall you would have the following knowledge and experience: –
- Fantastic commercial background and understanding
- Motivated self starter
- Analytical thinker with strong data management skills
- Proficient at securing new business
- A background in logistics and transport is essential.
- Good track record in a logistics company, ideally in a BDM or Sales type position
- Fantastic telephone manner and excellent communication skills – written and spoken.
- A understanding of the Fresh Produce business
- Previous background in the Fresh Food or Produce business would be advantageous
Please contact Georgina on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.